GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Gti ko4 Performance inconsistent and dumping fuel at 6k rpm. (logs)

tinyexo1

Been having issues with the car for a long time. If you want more details on it please check my post history as this has been going on for months. To cut to the chase.

The car is ko4 with supporting mods - intercooler (i know its next on the list). But has always felt a little bit down on power and I've had drivability problems like weird boost fluctuations on part and wide open throttle, my e30 tune runs god awful with the car bucking and having less power then 93oct for sure. both tunes have had many revision but the problems still remain so something hardware is at fault.
I've replaced
Maf
Map
coils
plugs
pcv
both fuel pumps
lots of leak test.

I will include a couple of logs of the cars current performance. What I would like to know is why the car seems to level out in maf readings until about 6k rpm. then the car does like hell but the fuel trim and pressure show the car dumping fuel.
im not very good at reading logs and don't know what's going on.

Fyi. The current tune does have a issue where the wgdc is to soft. the tuner was trying to tell me that the turbo is producing to much air for the engine to take in... ok then how do other people run this same setup and not have issues. (sorry the tuner for the 93 file has been a bit rude) but this type of spike and dip in the car has been around on other versions of the file and sometimes not at 6k+rpm

If more logs are wanted and of different things please ask.

Logs: Log 1 Log 2

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I wouldn’t rule out a tune issue especially after that too much air comment.

Try another companies tune (some give you 30 days to try).

tinyexo1

I wouldn’t rule out a tune issue especially after that too much air comment.

Try another companies tune (some give you 30 days to try).
Currently I'm using a separate company for my e30 tune. and the problem is still there and on top of that the car runs much worse in almost every way.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Maf is directly related to your Throttle only being 88% open until the 6k and then opening to 99%. Tune will shut the Throttle to control the boost if you requested is way off the turbo efficiency.

tinyexo1

Maf is directly related to your Throttle only being 88% open until the 6k and then opening to 99%. Tune will shut the Throttle to control the boost if you requested is way off the turbo efficiency.
I know the car is cutting throttle. just cant figure out why. Its a CTS ko4 with nothing special going on so I would be surprised if somewhere the turbo is the problem. The only kind of lead I have on this is a possible vacuum leak. once the car is warm my LTFT will sit at 1.10 at idle with the STFT around ether .95 or 1.05 depending on how the car feels like acting that day. Once I start driving the trims read much closer to 1. I have leak tested the intake probably 10 times now and I'm unable to find a leak.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Have you thought about trying an OTS k04 tune instead of a custom? Tuners can induce an issue and never find it because they think they know better than you how it is setup.