GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI OEM+ Build

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
I originally thought I would have fun with my GTI for about 2-3 years and then go back to a compact RWD; my previous car was AP1 S2000. I was looking to put a deposit down on an M2; but I just ended up falling in love with my GTI and decided to make it my project car. 8 years from now on, I want to be that cool 50 year old guy with a perfectly maintained MK6 GTI :)
Being an architectural designer myself, the MK6's design I believe is almost perfect. I didn't even think about switching to the MK7 (no offense to who who have made that move).
My goal is to keep it as OEM as possible.
In addition to the euro front lip (not pictured), I have installed following items so far. Sorry - no grand pictures yet.

Hello , after reading your post I just tought I would let you know your story is similar to mine , had a 04 S2000 was fun at the track but not ideal for a daily driver , sold it & took me a year before I decided on the GTI , I really wanted the DSG... much more friendly in traffic , at first I said everything is just great in stock form ... that was until I discovered this forum & ordered some LED tails then some interior led lights , got some vagcom done & a year later Unitronic stage 1 fore some extra power wich in my opinion is the way this car's power should be in stock form :) bought a catch can from someone on this forum after reading about the build up on the valves ...
I always say it's the last thing ... tonight I was looking at buying a oem rr flip r-view camera , it's just too hard not to spend time & money improving this car , I think that why I don't get tired of the GTI it's got everything I'm looking for & all I need to make it perfect is cheaper then buying a new Porsche .
I was glad to read your post & see that I'm not alone :)

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Hello , after reading your post I just tought I would let you know your story is similar to mine , had a 04 S2000 was fun at the track but not ideal for a daily driver , sold it & took me a year before I decided on the GTI , I really wanted the DSG... much more friendly in traffic , at first I said everything is just great in stock form ... that was until I discovered this forum & ordered some LED tails then some interior led lights , got some vagcom done & a year later Unitronic stage 1 fore some extra power wich in my opinion is the way this car's power should be in stock form :) bought a catch can from someone on this forum after reading about the build up on the valves ...
I always say it's the last thing ... tonight I was looking at buying a oem rr flip r-view camera , it's just too hard not to spend time & money improving this car , I think that why I don't get tired of the GTI it's got everything I'm looking for & all I need to make it perfect is cheaper then buying a new Porsche .
I was glad to read your post & see that I'm not alone :)

Cool story! Thanks for sharing it.:w00t:
I still find myself looking back at least two or three time as I am walking away from it in the parking lot. Love it!

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Just a minor project done. Installed dynamic turn signals. The fitment was surprisingly good; the puddle lights fit nicely as well without having to use any silicon adhesive. I didn’t have to remove the mirror motors. Just remove (2) t10 screws and the bottom housing comes right off.

Attachments

• D57D9BF1-DF3B-4DD8-84CF-3F58C0E42D51.png
    D57D9BF1-DF3B-4DD8-84CF-3F58C0E42D51.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 117

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
@ 38k miles. I recently had the 40k mile maintenance + DSG service done along with the following mods;
- Racingline cups kit w/ TTRS Upper Mounts, Euro bump stops and all new hardware and bolts
- HR F (26mm) / R (22mm) swaybards (both set on hard setting)
- Racingline front end links
- Audi R8 Coils (G version) w/ plugs
- Tyrolsport Front and Rear Subframe Collars
- Fender screw mod & Alignment

I am sure happy with the results. Perfect drop; not too low. Zero noise. The car now feels like a legit sports car w/ well-sorted out suspension setup.
Suspension feels firm but not harsh.

I have a few cool items planned for my next OEM+ mod.
Until then, Happy and Safe Driving!
5EC5941A-FFAF-49D5-82F3-2D1A95C889CE.png

4B723A3D-9ABA-418B-94EE-5FE761AEA337.jpeg
AEEF8598-AC6D-430F-BEE5-25611305378E.jpeg
EF35BD4C-04E7-4064-B393-D40357BBECDC.jpeg
E55EE928-82B5-4B00-B5E0-63EA5C26DD66.jpeg

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Car looks great!

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I installed sequential LED tails from Supernova. I didn’t install any decoder blocks since my car had already been coded for the previous tails (Depo); however, I’m getting bulb out error for reverse lights 😔.
I also managed to install front/rear dash cams since I had to remove a bunch of panels anyway.

Attachments

• 583BCD54-0A17-41E6-9BC8-63F9FCA8DFA0.png
    583BCD54-0A17-41E6-9BC8-63F9FCA8DFA0.png
    14.2 MB · Views: 65
  • 52BC14D0-59A0-4C9C-BCAC-F79A3DB6AD13.jpeg
    52BC14D0-59A0-4C9C-BCAC-F79A3DB6AD13.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I ended up installing 25w resistors to remove reverse light bulb out errors. I didn’t install 4 big resistors that came with Supernova LED tails because my had already been coded for LED tails previously. However, I still got bulb out errors for reverse lights so I was forced to install smaller resistors. For those who are interested in finding out which wires to connect. The bulb out errors are gone!

Attachments

• 18894FFB-4B63-4936-9078-B571EE37A94D.jpeg
    18894FFB-4B63-4936-9078-B571EE37A94D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52