GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Intercooler...yes or no?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Thinking about this lately...is this difficult to install and is the investment worth it from a power, durability and increased performance perspective?

Thanks in advance!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
It certainly makes for more consistent power. I never noticed much a difference with the stock turbo but with K04 it heat soaks much faster.

FMIC is supposed to be okay for street use while stock location can handle track use better.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
It certainly makes for more consistent power. I never noticed much a difference with the stock turbo but with K04 it heat soaks much faster.

FMIC is supposed to be okay for street use while stock location can handle track use better.
Good point, I'll second that. I originally got a neuspeed fmic when car was still a street car. Once I started tracking it the coolant temps were really high with the fmic blocking all of the airflow to the radiator.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Good point, I'll second that. I originally got a neuspeed fmic when car was still a street car. Once I started tracking it the coolant temps were really high with the fmic blocking all of the airflow to the radiator.

How was the neuspeed fmic compared to stock? Was the pressure drop noticeable?

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
It was a big improvement over stock, only downside I saw was it blocked the air to the radiator. On the street it wasn't really an issue, only became an issue once I started going to the track.

Did you remove the stock IC using the delete kit or did you just cap and leave it installed?

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
For me, the main selling point to the Neuspeed was ease of install. There’s no point of going the length of front mount + OEM delete when it’s the same labor and price, if not more, than a direct fit replacement.

Fast forward a couple weeks after I did the Neuspeed, and my radiator started leaking. Had I known or waited, I would’ve just done an APR, IE, or Unitronic intercooler instead. And that’s not to say I dislike the Neuspeed at all...

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
For me, the main selling point to the Neuspeed was ease of install. There’s no point of going the length of front mount + OEM delete when it’s the same labor and price, if not more, than a direct fit replacement.

Fast forward a couple weeks after I did the Neuspeed, and my radiator started leaking. Had I known or waited, I would’ve just done an APR, IE, or Unitronic intercooler instead. And that’s not to say I dislike the Neuspeed at all...

Good point if you aren't doing the work yourself.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
if you can pull the front bumper off, you are half way thru the install.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
if you can pull the front bumper off, you are half way thru the install.

^This.

With the car in the air and a T25 on a drill, it takes all of 5 minutes to take the front bumper cover off. I'd consider ECS's new FMIC offering that is mentioned here

Last edited:

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
Ive been really interested in the Neuspeed FMIC. Ive been unclear on what style to go with FMIC or factory location. I really would like best performance just something about that FMIC sticking out the front looks so menacing :love: