GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 K04 DSG vs MK7 Stage 2 (100 octane)

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
By design the MK7's engine is a much better design than the MK6's. As it should be considering it's the third generation. Most of the reasons why its as fast as it is have already been mentioned. That being said the K04 is going to provide better top end. I haven't looked at the efficiency curves of the new turbo, but looking at APR's power and torque curves it seems pretty clear.

I'm not surprised by the outcome especially the type of race. The MK7 owners should be pretty satisfied their cars are almost as fast us K04 guys' cars at a fraction of the cost. Most act like they fell on their dildo when they see a K04 car walk away at higher speeds [emoji12]

View attachment 50168

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
oh, you guys are new... when the stage 1 file for the mk7 came out, mk7 (and some mk6) enthusiasts were basically touting off about how it would beat a k04 + mk6 gti with just the tune.

(and yes, drugs... medical ones)

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Mk7 can't shift... it is pulling up until every shift. And yea MK7>Anything mk6

DSG for the win. I have raced a MK7 stage II and beat it but alittle more. The MK7 was also a 6 speed and I'm DSG.

The next time I race him I'll get on vid. They do make some great TQ his was around 400.

madmycal

Ready to race!
oh, you guys are new... when the stage 1 file for the mk7 came out, mk7 (and some mk6) enthusiasts were basically touting off about how it would beat a k04 + mk6 gti with just the tune.

I got that... lol but you can share them anyway!!!

XGC75 said:
No, it is not twin scroll. It's super clever, with the integrated head and coolant lines. The mk7 turbo is larger than the mk6's and the mk7 has variable cam phasing on both the intake and exhaust ports. The dual cam phasing is largely responsible for the great throttle response and early spool and the larger turbo pushes out the torque band later in the rev range which makes the mk7 much more powerful on stock hardware.

Ahh, I was misinformed!! Very misleading from pictures, but after looking at the head I can see it now lol

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

This. Funniest fucking thread around. TORQUE WINS RACES BRO.
I got that... lol but you can share them anyway!!!

Ahh, I was misinformed!! Very misleading from pictures, but after looking at the head I can see it now lol

That's the first time I've seen an image of just the turbo. Crazy complex packaging on that thing.

Edit: exhaust scavenging. That's why they extend the dual header lengths so far. With better scavenging you'll get better average exhaust velocity at the turbine and better spool down low. Smart fuckers, those germans.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
What about the giac clutchbuster Race file mk6 gti that's essentially even with a stage 2 mk7. Paging muerte_x

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion

40Roller

No, it is not twin scroll. It's super clever, with the integrated head and coolant lines. The mk7 turbo is larger than the mk6's and the mk7 has variable cam phasing on both the intake and exhaust ports. The dual cam phasing is largely responsible for the great throttle response and early spool and the larger turbo pushes out the torque band later in the rev range which makes the mk7 much more powerful on stock hardware.

^^

The MK7 stock GTI is uninspiring. A whole lotta shit on paper but not better or faster than my stock MK6 was....