GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 R HPA INTAKE MANIFOLD

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

Prior to my intake manifold swap, I had a very very clean engine bay which I’m a huge fan of...”cleanliness is next to godliness” lol but after the HPA manifold installed, my setup I had no longer works... curious if anyone has done anything to clean up the bay using an engine cover with an aftermarket manifold installed....

Kind thanks everyone

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Pics?

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Current setup

Old setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
I think im gonna relocate the front grommet somewhere gotta look..

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I would just knock the filler neck off the valve cover and roll with it as is.

yup...looks pretty clean from here

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
I currently have it off sorry its not a true updated photo thats the only thing not depicted in the photo thanks for the input

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I like it without the cover actually.

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
What about a black billet valve cover to compliment your nice engine bay? No one would want to cover that up..

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
What about a black billet valve cover to compliment your nice engine bay? No one would want to cover that up..

Super pricey no? Any gains???

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Its also that im trying to maintain a very discrete appearance.

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Not when a state trooper or fellow enthusiast want to “see” what hes running... do you have a suggestion or no?

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
Super pricey no? Any gains???

Yes pricey, but definitely sweet looking.

For me, it stopped the ridiculous big oil cloud of smoke that would happen behind me when I go WOT.. Restored the lost power from oil getting into the combustion chamber and I also no longer have to add oil every week..

Spark plugs stay cleaner and last longer and no more oil in my piping or intake manifold..

GroovyVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks great without cover! But a darker or slightly painted version of that cover would compliment as well.
I have a question for you, love your intake, I have a VWR as well, but I’m trying to go KO4 in a GTI. Where did you get you plumbing for your DV relocate that fits the VWR intake? OEM R or third party?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro