GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI vs Mk7 GTI REVO Stage 1 Beta With Video

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Interesting video that just hit youtube 48 hours ago....

In the few other videos ive seen, the mk7s gearing pulls much harder at "expressway" speeds. However they do not seem to have the lower end torque of an mk6. Pretty interesting as big name tuning companies have not released torque numbers on their tunes and have dodged the question on social media sites. Thought this would be a good post since so many people on here are freaking out about the mk7 making allegedly 300+ hp on stage 1 tune. Enjoy

For kicks heres a stage 1 mk6 vs stock mk7....by listed speeds/gearing on cars...mk7 does not overtake mk6 till 120+ mph est

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
dat orangish golden color

too bad that won't come stateside

yeah we'll see what kind of numbers the mk7s actually make with a tune. I don't believe the hype apr is saying 320 on stage 1.

It is not hype but it is obvious, this is what they were able to get out of the car w/o any stage two parts and having no restrictions. The "retail" tune will not offer that power and be much more toned down. A tune that high would be not reliable in the long run and also eat into Stage 2 (and beyond) tunes.

My guess is that their tune for Stage 1 AT THE CRANK is going to be around 260-270 hp.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
It is not hype but it is obvious, this is what they were able to get out of the car w/o any stage two parts and having no restrictions. The "retail" tune will not offer that power and be much more toned down. A tune that high would be not reliable in the long run and also eat into Stage 2 (and beyond) tunes.

My guess is that their tune for Stage 1 AT THE CRANK is going to be around 260-270 hp.

Don't forget they are known for it, afterall when the K04 kit first came out they were claiming 383 hp :iono: .... in what world :p

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Repost anyone?? I made a near exact thread like this on here yesterday already

gtiw7

Ready to race!

LOL don't be miffed guys mk6 will remain a great car regardless of how slower it possibly could get than a modified MK7!

but let's be honest with ourselves: different turbo, integrated turbo manifolds, valve-lift and better bits here and there. It's unfair/unrealistic to expect just 260-270 from a tune alone, these are almost mk6 numbers :)

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
What's unfair / unrealistic is posting videos of broken/slow mk6 GTis racing golf mk7 GTis and claiming the mk6 was stage 2.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
What's unfair / unrealistic is posting videos of broken/slow mk6 GTis racing golf mk7 GTis and claiming the mk6 was stage 2.

listen after reading lots of your post I can safely assume that you are a mk6 fanboy who actually thinks no car can possibly get better than his car.

you are purely speculating, nothing in my video indicates the ABT mk6 is broken/slow, it's all in your head but then again you seemed like a fanboy so I'm not gonna argue with you :clap: race happened, it's totally up to you to believe/watch it or not! :w00t: thanks for watching though :D