GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 steering wheel installed on an mk6

spacewalker

in January 17 I will finish my module which fully supporting Jetta , Golf 7 , passat B8 MFSW.
Basic (volume only) and also with CCS
Already tested it in my car and all sucess.
Buttons illuminate , VCDS coding available
Only LIMITER button not work because EDC16 and EDC17 (CFxx) not support that function

next update soon.....

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
So I think I'm one of the very few people on here that have done it. Many people think that it couldn't of been done without some major modifications but this has to be one of the easiest installs I have done. Literally plug and play and make it come alive with a vagcom.

The hardest part was taking out the old steering wheel (literally didn't wanna come out). I had a none mfsw and thought that I would have to change the module but didn't even have to do that and the buttons light up and work minus the cruise control which I would have to look up on how to make them work. I'm super happy with the results. If anybody is looking for a none Gti mfsw I'll have one up on classifieds lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so now you have 2 cruise controls :laugh:

Do both of them work? lol

So not at all plug n' play lol.. PS what's with the red buttons? No MK7 GTI came with red buttons.. Looks like the trim was swapped with a GTI but this is really a new GLI wheel. Explains the red buttons and the fact your other buttons work of the most part

What did you do on vagcom to make it come alive? I have a highline jetta mk6 and buttons are working but they dont light up and horn doesnt work! Please help me out. My friend cannot seem to figure out what to do to resolve this with vagcom

read above - you should source MFSW buttons/trim from a scirocco or GLI or Polo - these all have the old electronics and are much more compatible. Guaranteed the OP does not have MK7 MFSW buttons from a MK7 sport wheel

the shape and the actual core of the wheel are in fact the same, but the buttons and perhaps the airbag harness are where the differences are.

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
I really want to install the MK7 R DSG wheel on my MK6 R DSG. Any tips you can throw my way regarding coding etc? Don't care if the cruise doesn't work.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I really want to install the MK7 R DSG wheel on my MK6 R DSG. Any tips you can throw my way regarding coding etc? Don't care if the cruise doesn't work.
A true mk7 steering wheel (mk7 R) will need a custom wiring harness to work. Guy in UK charges about $300, but all buttons will function

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Pissat4motion

Time Lord

Paul1405

So I think I'm one of the very few people on here that have done it. Many people think that it couldn't of been done without some major modifications but this has to be one of the easiest installs I have done. Literally plug and play and make it come alive with a vagcom. The hardest part was taking out the old steering wheel (literally didn't wanna come out). I had a none mfsw and thought that I would have to change the module but didn't even have to do that and the buttons light up and work minus the cruise control which I would have to look up on how to make them work. I'm super happy with the results. If anybody is looking for a none Gti mfsw I'll have one up on classifieds lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would this fit straight onto a mk6 jetta?