GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod Friendly Dealer in Houston

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Hey,

I've been searching the forms, and I know opinions change... I have a 2011 GTI with APR downpipe, APR intake and APR K04 turbo installed. The car has 22K miles on it so technically is still under partial warranty. I have a loose screw rolling around in the dash that is driving me crazy. After spending hours trying to find it I'm ready to give up and let the dealer try.

Anyway I hate to take such a heavily modified car in but are there dealers that anyone can recommend that won't be concerned with my mods? Are there mod friendly dealers in Houston. I live in Clear Lake, and will take it to any dealer in the area. But would prefer to stick close to home.

Also if you have any service reps, or mechanics that you'd recommend as helping a person out let me know. PM if you don't want to sell them out in the forms haha.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Crazy thing is my car has that same noise so when you find out what it is let me know.

They found a loose screw in the air box of my car. It was covered under warrenty but it took the dealer 2 weeks to remove it. They had to remove the entire dash to get at the air box. Everything seems to be great now.

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
+1 for archer i just bought a car from Matt there and he said they are mod friendly.

Cwinne

Ready to race!
So is archer still the place to go with mods? I just have simple bolt ons and I keep getting the dam p2015 code.

I'm at 33k and have read this is covered under warranty.

NickMk61

Ready to race!
wow really? I had no idea archer was mod friendly... I took my car down a few months ago for a service, and they called me badgering about whether or not my car was tuned.. maybe next time I go I should request Daniel? :p

Cwinne

Ready to race!
When I called about my intake manifold I told them about my mods( cai and catless dp) and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

I've also noticed that the car is burning oil which concerns me more cause I feel like I can smell a burning oil smell. I'm not anything either. Pretty sure it's not the typical catless rotten egg smell.

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
When I called about my intake manifold I told them about my mods( cai and catless dp) and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

I've also noticed that the car is burning oil which concerns me more cause I feel like I can smell a burning oil smell. I'm not anything either. Pretty sure it's not the typical catless rotten egg smell.

:thumbup:
i wanted to go catless because it sounds awesome but it can throw codes from what Ive heard so I'm going with high flow cats instead.If you think you are burning oil have a friend stand behind your car and get on the gas a bit in neutral. If you are burning oil you should be smoking no?

Cwinne

Ready to race!
I actually installed a o2 sensor spacer on the last sensor to eliminate codes.

I've never had smoke come out of my car either. I think it has something todo with the oil I'm using.

Cwinne

Ready to race!
Just got my car back from archer today and I'm very pleased with there service.

Daniel is who I recommend dealing if you have mods.

I had my intake manifold replaced, water seal repaired, oil changed, brake fluid serviced, tires rotated, ac cleaned and my state inspection all done for way under $100.