GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Morimoto XB LED fog lights

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
I've been on the fence for a while now about getting the morimotos or doing a projector retrofit. I just really like the look of projector fogs, but the bulb out on the dash would drive me nuts😂🙈

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I've been on the fence for a while now about getting the morimotos or doing a projector retrofit. I just really like the look of projector fogs, but the bulb out on the dash would drive me nuts😂🙈

Well, I just ordered some Ziza cancellers from ECS Tuning, so I'll let you know if they work. I wish there was coding for the CECM for LED fogs, like the adaptation for LED tails, but without firmware modification that will probably never happen.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie

Thanks for the pics. It's hard to tell, it doesn't look like the beam pattern is much better than the previous design:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
The cut-off has a lot to do with the housing but the new design works well with cut-off.

Maybe you guys should see about designing an entire module, perhaps a LED panel that's a direct replacement for the halogen housing?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Update: I received the Ziza error canceler modules from ECS Tuning yesterday. Unfortunately, they do not work. When connected between the lights and the car, the lights won't even turn on.

Looks like I'm just going to have to deal with having a bulb out warning.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Maybe you guys should see about designing an entire module, perhaps a LED panel that's a direct replacement for the halogen housing?

There is no good options and ran into issues. We found our brighter LED fogs in OEM halogens were easier and brighter. Our dual fog model is very popular as you can choose between white and yellow. Yellow is popular due to many liking it in fog/rain but it also gives some attention to your car.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
There is no good options and ran into issues. We found our brighter LED fogs in OEM halogens were easier and brighter. Our dual fog model is very popular as you can choose between white and yellow. Yellow is popular due to many liking it in fog/rain but it also gives some attention to your car.
I'd still be concerned about glare so I'd very much like to see something with significant light output but a crisp projector style cutoff.

wlu

Passed Driver's Ed
socal87 - all of our fog LEDs have been updated for awhile now.

Phur - thanks for the feedback and great photos.

The LEDs Phur is using can be found here:
https://deautokey.com/product/dual-...n-a-clean-white-hyper-3000k-yellow-at-anytime

Here is a video showing the design:

These look very cool, didn't even know switchbacks existed in this type of form and factor. In your experience, does the MK6 GTI need a pair of resistors to prevent an error code? Really debating on these, was going to instantly pull the trigger but it doesn't work with the 20% sale posted in the other thread :(

Phur

Autocross Champion
They provide everything needed. No errors.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
These look very cool, didn't even know switchbacks existed in this type of form and factor. In your experience, does the MK6 GTI need a pair of resistors to prevent an error code? Really debating on these, was going to instantly pull the trigger but it doesn't work with the 20% sale posted in the other thread :(

The 20% off code is only good for that low beam - if you email Support@deAutoLED.com they can help you with a discount code they are running for labor day right now.

You normally need the resistors for the MK6 - we suggest adding them.

Thanks

TuyeElson

I also have installed them on my car, and the light is way better. I always have to drive late at night, and with my old halogen lights, the visibility on the road during foggy or rainy days was extremely low. It was dangerous to drive, so I decided to replace the halogen headlights on my car with LED headlights from https://www.vont.com/product/smart-strip-lights-led-strip-lights/. I immediately felt the difference because the LED lights are way brighter and, most important, create better visibility during fog and rain.

Last edited: