GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountune52: Anybody Try any of their Products?

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
I know Mountune is big in the Ford (Focus/Fiesta ST/RS) community. And apparently they collaborated with Fifteen52 wheels to supply some stuff for the Mk7 GTI/R platforms.
They have a tune, an interesting looking intake, and then some cosmetic stuff in the pipeline.
Anybody try any of their stuff out?

https://www.mountune52.com/

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Mountune is not just a tuning company, they actually partnered with Ford to develop performance parts approved by the manufacturer. Randy Robles is the lead ECU calibration expert and has tuned several top competition rally / track cars for professional events, specifically for the Ford Racing division. His tunes have aggressive throttle mappings and are potent.

I'm picking up my Golf this Wednesday, so I don't have much experience with parts on the VWs, but I will say that in the Ford community they are very well respected. Their intercoolers, motor mounts, tunes, and customer service are all top notch. I'm sure the same care has extended to the other platforms they dabble in.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs

Hoon

Autocross Champion
But they are using an Access Port right? Literally identical to the Cobb right down to the carrying case.

Same physically, software is totally different and locked to their tunes only. That's a non starter IMO.

Squampton

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
A little insight into my experience for anyone looking to buy from Mountune52USA. Summary is I paid for the accessport in January and now in May I have a useless accessport with a single 'return to stock map'. These guys ripped me off and never got back to me. Luckily the UK operation jumped in and sorted me out!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
A little insight into my experience for anyone looking to buy from Mountune52USA. Summary is I paid for the accessport in January and now in May I have a useless accessport with a single 'return to stock map'. These guys ripped me off and never got back to me. Luckily the UK operation jumped in and sorted me out!
yeah this companies social media presence and activity fully dropped off at the end of 2019, they even had product developments that just seem to have fully haulted.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ouch. Sucks but at least with an AP you can go to other tuners so its not a complete loss. I can think of more than a few companies who tried tuning/making parts for mk7 that have shit the bed.