GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Moving from mk6 to mk7

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
All:

Been here since early 2011. Learned a lot, shared a lot, and this place is a goldmine of information and camaraderie. Bought my first 2011 GTI on January 17, 2011. I loved the 2011, but of late, it needed a clutch, flywheel, shocks, struts, water pump, oil leak repair and a carbon cleaning. Great car for 161,000 miles, tuned since 20K miles. I loved it so much, I bought its 2016 twin, except the 2016 is a loaded Autobahn. Could not pass up the deal. What a great vehicle...11K miles, Perf Pack, 4 year extended warranty for $23K OTR plus got a $2700 trade-in.

Selling the following: Uberstealth subwoofer kit including Rockford/Fosgate amp and Pioneer sub ($250 for all), ECS Tuning hatch pop kit ($40), rubber mats ($20).

See you all on the Mk7 site! I'll stop by here now and then...

Chris

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Would have thought you would get more for a trade in? Am I incorrect?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah...was the $2700 trade in for your '11 GTI?

If so, geez...could have parted it out for more than that, IMO

gdub09

Ready to race!
Yeah the last offer I got for my GTI was like 11k

Darkryd87

are the rubber mats monster mats?

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
Yes monster. With 162000 on the clock, that’s about trade in value, especially with the work that needed to be done.

Sure, I could have sold it for more - like $4500 - or parted it, but who has time for that? They lowballed me on the trade-in, and I countered with, "Now that you have low-balled me on my trade-in, allow me to do the same for your car.

I'm really happy with the deal given that that 2016 Autobahn was $37000 OTR NEW 18 months ago ( I have the original sticker) and 11,000 miles later, it's still looks and drives brand new, and I could not beat the price. Not a mark, scratch, ding on it. It's show-room condition.

I've always only bought brand new cars, but this experience taught me that there are great deals on low-mileage single-owner cars that you can get for almost half the cost of when they were new. That's a hellova depreciation.

Last edited:

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
Go ahead, try selling a car on-line. All you get is a bunch of scammers. B@$t@RD$.

Last edited:

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
All:

Been here since early 2011. Learned a lot, shared a lot, and this place is a goldmine of information and camaraderie. Bought my first 2011 GTI on January 17, 2011. I loved the 2011, but of late, it needed a clutch, flywheel, shocks, struts, water pump, oil leak repair and a carbon cleaning. Great car for 161,000 miles, tuned since 20K miles. I loved it so much, I bought its 2016 twin, except the 2016 is a loaded Autobahn. Could not pass up the deal. What a great vehicle...11K miles, Perf Pack, 4 year extended warranty for $23K OTR plus got a $2700 trade-in.

Selling the following: Uberstealth subwoofer kit including Rockford/Fosgate amp and Pioneer sub ($250 for all), ECS Tuning hatch pop kit ($40), rubber mats ($20).

See you all on the Mk7 site! I'll stop by here now and then...

Chris

Original clutch?

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, it was the original clutch. It made it 140000 miles on Stage 1 before it started slipping in 3rd gear. Original water pump, too!!!

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Nice! G/L with the mk7.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks, it's a great vehicle, and I never would have been able to afford an Autobahn with the PP brand new. Man it's nice! So many features..

I want to tune it. I've got to tune it! I really miss the Stage 1 tune. But not sure if I want to risk it on a car I just bought not so long ago. And I really don't want to put in a new clutch.