GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Must do OBD11 Modifications?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Window down with remote, DRL dims with turn signal, removed NAR restriction on headlight, turned down Soundaktor, changes the background of the middle display…
All these + traction control off, all beeping killed, 5 blink convenience signal, starting vibrations reduce and unlocked menu controls.

mongorie

Disable stop start so I can use a normal lead battery. I also did brake bias settings which used the back brakes more. Before they were cool to touch after a hard drive,now they burn you.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
You didn’t mention iPhone or Android. I’m not 100% but I believe Android has a full feature set from purchase but iPhone doesn’t. Long coding will get it done but you have to do the work. It’s the better bet since I have read various problems from the apps. The apps do all the work for you, but they cost credits. I’m not familiar with how the subscription system works since I bought mine before it was implemented.

As for the changes staying, yes. Those settings are changed in the car, so nothing will change those unless you go back into to change them back.

As I mentioned above, I am pretty sure the pro gives you long coding access. Long coding is done on a module level by change bytes on or off to enable features, basically.

You can reset your oil life interval. I like the all windows down/up with the fob buttons. Useful on hot days by rolling them down 20 minutes before you leave. If you change your rear tail lights to dynamics, you can adapt the necessary coding to make that work. There are tons of options and pages of things to change. All the apps listed in OBD11 don’t necessarily apply to your specific vehicle.
#1 reason I’m getting one is to apply the ‘all windows up’ when locked with key fob. I typically have my sunroom cracked open a touch to eliminate the annoying squeak.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I can’t remember all the things I did.

Window down with remote, DRL dims with turn signal, removed NAR restriction on headlight, turned down Soundaktor, changes the background of the middle display…

DRL dim with turn signal was already with my car. Not sure if that is standard with LP or previous owner performed this mod?

I actually watched a youtube video where the guy enables it to prevent it from dimming when using the turn signal. I believe this is somewhat a safety hazard in that the other oncoming traffic cannot see the blinker that clear enough with the DRL light active. I remember it was kind of funny to me because in the video he said, try it out, if you don't like it, you can just set it back. I'm thinking, you might not own a GTI after turning it on to get a chance turn it back off. :ROFLMAO:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
That has to do with how "active" the adaptive headlights are. The North American settings restrict on how much the lights move.

What about when you turn on the car and the lights adjust and move around? I'm still not sure what triggers that. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I'm assuming you can program it to always do it? I'm just wondering why the heck it "sometimes" does it.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
What about when you turn on the car and the lights adjust and move around? I'm still not sure what triggers that. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I'm assuming you can program it to always do it? I'm just wondering why the heck it "sometimes" does it.
I think it’s not on by default. It’s the DLA dance or something Like that. I know the lights need to be in auto for it to work. I have noticed that’s sometimes, it just comes on. No check or anything.

Maybematt

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE (auto)
make log of all settings before doing ANY changes
This only applies if doing the "long coding" thing right? I'm hoping setting log is a quick button press somewhere, and will do that when I get mine roughly around tomorrow.
Another stupid question... OBD11 works with cell data right? It doesn't require actual WiFi connection? I know logically it shouldn't, but I've dealt with apps that did and it was ridiculous.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
make log of all settings before doing ANY changes
This a million times. I would also recommend doing your changes manually, as that should create a record of what has been done (someone correct me if that's wrong, I don't use OBDEleven anymore). But unless something has changed the apps do not tell you what they are changing and do not record those changes anywhere.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
This only applies if doing the "long coding" thing right? I'm hoping setting log is a quick button press somewhere, and will do that when I get mine roughly around tomorrow.
Another stupid question... OBD11 works with cell data right? It doesn't require actual WiFi connection? I know logically it shouldn't, but I've dealt with apps that did and it was ridiculous.
Correct. It just requires an active data connection.
This a million times. I would also recommend doing your changes manually, as that should create a record of what has been done (someone correct me if that's wrong, I don't use OBDEleven anymore). But unless something has changed the apps do not tell you what they are changing and do not record those changes anywhere.
As far as I know this is accurate. I haven’t been following the change log though. I’ve been using VCDS instead.