GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Must-Have Reliability Mods for Mk6 Golf GTI/R (Track)

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Can't say I agree with the "all catch cans except bfi are bogus" theory....at all

My biggest complaint with catch cans is the misinformation...

People have this idea that without one your engine is just digesting all this nasty blowby and that it is not running "clean." But the amount of blowby that finds itself in your combustion is minuscule... So small it plays ZERO effect on the engine. Indeed it was designed like this. It is usually less than a ml a mile that the car ingests... thats barely measurable.

Then there is the argument that it decreases carbon buildup. Also untrue. So many people on this site and others have proven as such. Port injection is the only sure way to reduce or eliminate Carbon Build up... apart from carbon cleaning of course.

There are so many better ways to spend 400 bucks to modify these cars.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
My biggest complaint with catch cans is the misinformation...

People have this idea that without one your engine is just digesting all this nasty blowby and that it is not running "clean." But the amount of blowby that finds itself in your combustion is minuscule... So small it plays ZERO effect on the engine. Indeed it was designed like this. It is usually less than a ml a mile that the car ingests... thats barely measurable.

Then there is the argument that it decreases carbon buildup. Also untrue. So many people on this site and others have proven as such. Port injection is the only sure way to reduce or eliminate Carbon Build up... apart from carbon cleaning of course.

There are so many better ways to spend 400 bucks to modify these cars.
For me the catch can was worth it soley to save money buying a new pcv every 6 months. I was blowing them left and right after putting the k04 on. The 300 I spent has paid itself off just by that.

Also I run only dual Port meth injection, throttle body pipe and throttle body spacer, not direct port. Here's how my valves looked at almost 90k...sure looks like something is keeping them clean that isn't DPI.

20191103_150830.jpg

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
For me the catch can was worth it soley to save money buying a new pcv every 6 months. I was blowing them left and right after putting the k04 on. The 300 I spent has paid itself off just by that.

Also I run only dual Port meth injection, throttle body pipe and throttle body spacer, not direct port. Here's how my valves looked at almost 90k...sure looks like something is keeping them clean that isn't DPI.

View attachment 168719

I am always curious why some people blow the PCV so frequently and some dont. 80k miles on K04 and im still stock.

If you were blowing them that often then yea it makes sense.

You might not be direct port but you are dual meth injection. That, in and of itself, is a lot of a solvent moisture getting through. Point was not about meth injection not working to keep them clean; point was about catch cans not.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
i've taken the intake on and off a few times and there was definitely oil in there. i'd like to get rid of that if possible