GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 1st VW!

gre_v1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all,

Long time lurker here, and that's probably why I decided to go to VW dealer to see what they could do for me. I picked up an '11 Shadow Blue 2 dr GTI w/ DSG, sunroof, touchscreen on Sat. All I can say is wow about this car. Coming from driving a '07 tC, I can say this car is better in every way imaginally possible. This is actually the first non-Japanese car I've had, and so far I've got many ideas as to what I'd like to do to this beautiful V Dub. It looks like the VW community is very a good one as well, so I'm ready to learn as much as possible about the GTI.

Greg

converging26

Passed Driver's Ed
Congratulations:) I bought my GTI a little over two weeks ago, and I know exactly what you mean. At first I really liked the car, but after owning it about a week it really hit me how much I LOVE this car. Everything about it is just amazing. My previous car was a chevy impala (hand-me-down) so the jump to the GTI was pretty big for me too.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Congrats, my girlfriend has a 06 TC and is looking to upgrade to a GTI or GLI. Glad to hear that you are happy with your decision.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Congrats! The car is a huge step up from a TC. It won't be as bulletproof though :(

SB is a great color!

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I came out of a 2000 Celica that was bulletproof, only went to the dealer once for a DRL recall in all of the 195,000 miles I had it. I've had my GTI for just a month and it's already been to the dealer 3 times including an overnight stay...but I love the car so much more it really doesn't bother me.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Congrats and welcome! I had a TC as well a while back. Nice little car. Only issue was most of the people driving them drove like maniacs. I guess it's geared towards young people. I still tend to stay clear of them on the roads. GTI might not be as reliable, but it is infinitely more fun to drive.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new car. I love the SB too good choice.

gre_v1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys! Yeah, I never had any issues with the tC, but after having it for 5 years, it was time to have a little more fun on the road. I figured my maintenance will go up a bit, but hey I don't mind, because I finally got the car I've wanted for probably the last year and a half. lol. Now, I just gotta wait for my wallet to regroup, so I can start modding.

BrandNew1

Ready to race!
I wish they sold SB in Canada. Congratulations though!

converging26

Passed Driver's Ed
Now, I just gotta wait for my wallet to regroup, so I can start modding.

Ha ha! I have that exact same problem! This site doesn't help either, because I keep looking at mods others have done and I cant wait to do some myself. Though there are some cheap things you can do, like the footwell lights.

gre_v1

Passed Driver's Ed
Tell me about it. This forum is bad bad news for me. I see everyone with ECU tunes, suspension upgrades, and saying they can be such and such car. lol. I think once I do the first mod, I won'r want to stop lmao.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Tell me about it. This forum is bad bad news for me. I see everyone with ECU tunes, suspension upgrades, and saying they can be such and such car. lol. I think once I do the first mod, I won'r want to stop lmao.

You won't, it's like crack.

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
welcome fellow sb driver. good luck on the car.