GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 2.5 build thread (pic heavy)

autojerks

Hey I'm kyle. A little background. Came from a mk4 golf tdi, to an 02 ranger to my current mk6 golf 2.5. I generally do any work myself with the help of a good friend of mine who owns a shop, Autoworks in Oakville if anyone is from the Toronto area. Obligatory pics..

Anyways, onto my current build..

Day I got the car..

First things first... Intake. Went with the carbonio.

After that, it was off to one of my good buddies and his shop. AWE catback exhaust. While the exhaust was off we threw on an ECS 23mm Rear sway bar

Half hour later and were off making some noise.

I figured i would give the ECS lightweight pulley a try, so a week later were back.

Picked these up over the next few weeks for STUPID cheap off a local guy.

Went on a little road trip up north for a work party..

Figured I would give these guys a well deserved cleaning.

Heard great things about the neuspeed short shifter, decided to try it out. Not a single regret. This thing is wicked and a must have. 5 minute install.

Picked these up off ecs for summer.

Replaced the factory deck with an RCD-510. Im assuming the previous owner had an aftermarket deck in as the factory unit had no bolts holding it in :paddle:

A month passes by and I had collected a few things.. USP test pipe with high flow cat, and KW V1 coils which I got locally for dirt cheap.

Fresh off the hoist.

Current 25" Top of fender to ground.

Great time to install my coils.. Next day we got 30"+ of snow..

I needed brakes anyways.. So why not upgrade right? GTI callipers and rotors up front, stock back.

Helped a friend of mine move.. amazing how much you can fit in these cars

Went to hook up my fog lights, (whos idea is it to put fogs in but not wire them to work??) Bought everything needed, get the grille pieces off and boom, where are the fog light brackets in my bumper? Previous owner cut them out with what i assume was a grinder.. The lights were held in with epoxy and string in the back. Beyond ghetto.. Sold everything i had, all brand new, (wiring harness, new grilles, new fog lights, spare bulbs, wiring harness and euro switch) to a local guy for 140, he was stoked. Went to the dealer and got solid black grilles, stealthy look IMO

Nearing 80,000km I figured spark plugs were in need of a change. Why not some R8 coilpacks too?

As of now, this is how she sits. Dont have any good pictures yet, but the nice weather is coming, (+5 to 10 c) in the next week. Hopefully will be able to get a few shots as well as put my summers on, oddly enough i dont have many pictures of it after the coils went on. I can get an exhaust video if anybody is interested in hearing. Anyways heres a few pics of projects at my friends shop and my car. Enjoy!

Full 80s chevy pickup with airride and custom box. 500$ He plans on swapping an ls1 into it. This thing is wicked. Ill grab a few more pictures of his projects next time i swing by.

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
Looking good man! :thumbsup:

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
How do you like the test pipe with AWE? is it loud? Any noticeable power gains? I'm also curious about the shifter, not many guys have done that to their 2.5's.

autojerks

How do you like the test pipe with AWE? is it loud? Any noticeable power gains? I'm also curious about the shifter, not many guys have done that to their 2.5's.

Its loud when you step on it, sounds amazing up around 4k. city driving its noticeable but not annoying. Ill try and get a video up tomorrow. Butt dyno feels more peppy in the low and mid rpms. Worth it imo, especially if you can get it on sale. No codes or anything. The shifter in my opinion is something that I couldnt live without. If i had to do my car over again that would be on the top priority list. Not sure if you go to meets or anything but id be more than happy to let you try it out if were in the same area.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Its loud when you step on it, sounds amazing up around 4k. city driving its noticeable but not annoying. Ill try and get a video up tomorrow. Butt dyno feels more peppy in the low and mid rpms. Worth it imo, especially if you can get it on sale. No codes or anything. The shifter in my opinion is something that I couldnt live without. If i had to do my car over again that would be on the top priority list. Not sure if you go to meets or anything but id be more than happy to let you try it out if were in the same area.

Yeah dude that would be awesome. Haven't been to a meet yet but I plan on going once the weather gets better. I'm in Etobicoke.

autojerks

Yeah dude that would be awesome. Haven't been to a meet yet but I plan on going once the weather gets better. I'm in Etobicoke.

Right on, theres a meet in Oakville Saturday nights just off trafalgar, was thinking about going this week. PM me maybe we can meet up and cruise over if youre interested.

autojerks

Where is this! I want to go... This is where we should have meets.

Via Tapatalk

Plains Road and Waterdown road in burlington is the nearest intersection. Its just off a side street. Its a really nice place. Lots of parking around, but its gravel in the parking lot. Would be cool for a get together, no cars drive through it, ever. Its so hidden. I wanted to go do a little photoshoot there sometime this week.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Right on, theres a meet in Oakville Saturday nights just off trafalgar, was thinking about going this week. PM me maybe we can meet up and cruise over if youre interested.

Sorry dude I just checked your thread now. Not around this weekend but will have to make one of the meets soon. We can represent the Golfs in a sea of GTIs.