GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 2.5 build

palma

Ready to race!
Great job so far!

The wheel in your avatar, Is it yours or just a pic you are using?

It is a pic of my old BBS RC's I had on my MKIV GTi. I stripped the wheels with aircraft remover and there were about 7 layers of paint on them. Haha, so that's what you see in the pic.

It's been 2 months, did you install your air ride yet??

I have some updates on the air ride. I'll post some pics today. It's not fully in yet, but I have made headway. The Golf is my only car so it's tough to find time and install everything. I can't risk something going wrong and putting me out of work because of no ride :x

palma

Ready to race!
Ok some updates here for the Golf.

A while back I was thinking what wheels I wanted to run. I wanted something classy and OEM looking. I don't have money to buy the real deal ATM so I went with a rep. Interlagoo reps 18x8 et45 with 225/40/18 Conti DWS. I haven't mounted them yet but that will come after the bag install. Here is a pic of them just sitting next to the car lol

Now onto the bag install. Now this is the first time I've ever seen in person or have delt with any air ride set up. So it's all new to me. Not to mention I was scared a little to rip into a brand new car. So I am going sloooow with this process.

So I started with the main harness. I was able to pull the door sill and fish the harness in the factory wire harness tunnel.

It's under here you just can't see it.

Follows all the way to the back as the factory one does.

And pops out the back.

The battery looks like this.

After much thought on the way I wanted the trunk to look I ended up with this.

Here is a pic of my false floor. I was able to make it where I can keep my cargo hooks. I mean this is my daily driver so it's useful come grocery shopping time. Lol

So this is as far as I have gotten. I was able to get the tank full and play with the controller for a bit. Next up will be to install the rear bags and get them working. Then move to the front.

miguelr

Go Kart Champion

:thumbsup:

palma

Ready to race!
Nice! Like the wheels too! Are they Alzor?

I was actually going to get the Alzor from ECS but they were on B/O, so I got them through powerwheelspro.com. They pretty much matched the price from ECS shipped and I was able to pick them up since they are only about 35 min away from me. :w00t:

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Nice! They should tuck pretty nicely after the bags go on. Can't wait to see it!

palma

Ready to race!
Nice! They should tuck pretty nicely after the bags go on. Can't wait to see it!

Yeah I hope so, at least that's the plan lol.

Today I ordered up the rear install kit from ECS for the shocks. I'm taking the stock shocks out as a unit and keeping them together that way it's easier to go back to stock when I need to.

I'm looking to have at least the rear bags installed this coming weekend.

sr.mcdubber

Go Kart Champion
coming along nicely very interested to see how they come out :thumbsup:
i sometimes kick myself for not saving up a little and bagging mine but maybe with time or on my next car lol

cant wait to see the finished product goodluck man:thumbup:

palma

Ready to race!
coming along nicely very interested to see how they come out :thumbsup:
i sometimes kick myself for not saving up a little and bagging mine but maybe with time or on my next car lol

cant wait to see the finished product goodluck man:thumbup:

Thanks! I'm pretty excited for this upcoming weekend. :D

palma

Ready to race!
So I've done work work on the rear of the car today. I finally got the rear bags in!

I had a few hickups not knowing if I should cut the rear brackets or leave them stock. Airlift says to cut them if using a shorter than factory shock. I'm using the Adjustable Konis and from what everyone was saying, they said cut the bracket. Well here was my problem. The Koni's were the exact same length as the stock strut.

Fully extended,

And heres one fully compressed,

So I said EFFFF it and cut the bracket anyways. lol

Next up after I built the rear bags with the brackets was to drill the stock nipple hole out to accept the nutserts provided in the kit. This made me nervous but actually was very easy after doing it. Pic of final product.

Then on to the Koni struts. I got an Idea to just run half a bumpstop in order to sorta protect the Koni's just in case a large bump. So I ended up with this. I used the top half.

Assembled and in!

But when I aired out the car seemed to be held up. HMMMMM

So I tested this out. I suspected the bumpstop right away, I didnt think it would have this much of a result though. Here is a pic of the bumpstop in and the assembly without the tire being aired out. You can see right away that the strut was hitting the bumpstop.

I yanked it out quick and did the same test. Now you can see the strut has much more room to go, as its almost completely bottomed out in the top hat!

And after I removed the bumpstop. TADA! That's how it should look! haha

So to end the day, I've done the rear of the car. Fronts might be done tomorrow, it depends on if a friend of mine comes over or not.

A pic of DAT ASS for your reading pleasure...:thumbsup:

palma

Ready to race!
New wheels put on today. Pics tomorrow ;)