GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mod Thread

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
I've been wanting to do one of these like some others I've seen. I havent done much to date (12/18/10) but I've had the car less than 3 months. I hope to keep adding to this thread.

Interior:
Suit Coat hanger $35(?)
OEM Mojo Mats $79.00
Gentex auto dimming homelink mirror $170.00
Red footwell lights (ghetto version) $1.99
Door sills $50.00
35th anniversary edition seat handle inserts $35.00
2012 black/chrome GTI badge/steering wheel insert $25.00
Transboard $150.00
Euro cupholder $50.00
OEM USB power port $65

Exterior:
20% Formula One ceramic tint $360.00
Smoked side markers $45.00
R20 tinted LED tail lights $650.00
Wolfsburg valve stem caps $3.00
Wolfsburg wheel center caps $35.00
Gunther VW "Deck Candy" $14.00
OEM front and rear red GTI badges $70.00
OEM euro switch (auto version) and bold-sport light sensor $98.00

Engine/Tuning:
Nada - waiting on warranty to run out

VagCom: (all FREE)
Needle Sweep
Fogs as DRLs
Fogs on with high beams
Windows up and down with fob
Turn off automatic rear wiper in reverse
LED tail bulb out delete
Emergency braking lights

Mod timeline follow -

Last edited:

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
The first day I had her. Dealer sticker deleted and suit coat hanger added:

Attachments

• My VW mods 003.jpg
    My VW mods 003.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 1,184
  • My VW mods 007.jpg
    My VW mods 007.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 836
  • My VW mods 004.jpg
    My VW mods 004.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 1,344

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
what other plans do you have? ya got to get some real mods. once taxes roll around it should get better.lol.

Mainly cosmetic till the tune comes out. I have parts in hand that will be going on (see above) and will be doing smoked side markers ASAP.

If/when APR brings out the tune I will be driving down to Auburn (its not that far for me and I have family there) and getting the flash at the factory.

Once my warranty is gone (it is a big deal for me and wont be that long) I intend to do the intake and exhaust.

I'm up for suggestions but didnt see the obligatory "mod list" in your signature (tounge in cheek). What have you done that you like and what have you done that you would not do again?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Mainly cosmetic till the tune comes out. I have parts in hand that will be going on (see above) and will be doing smoked side markers ASAP.

If/when APR brings out the tune I will be driving down to Auburn (its not that far for me and I have family there) and getting the flash at the factory.

Once my warranty is gone (it is a big deal for me and wont be that long) I intend to do the intake and exhaust.

I'm up for suggestions but didnt see the obligatory "mod list" in your signature (tounge in cheek). What have you done that you like and what have you done that you would not do again?

i had some stuff in my signature but i ran out of room for more words. im kind of in the same situation as you where i have parts but i cant exactly put them on right now. ive got wheels and spacers but i want to get bigger spacers and tires before i mount the wheels. i have a osir shift boot but i need to get a new shift knob for it to work. i have a carbon lip on the way. i always hate it when i cant put the parts on right away. oh i also have blue tint mirrors and vag com and euroswitch and a RNS510 and weathertech digi mats. i am thinking about what im gonna get with my tax money, either awe intake or led tails.:iono:

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
i had some stuff in my signature but i ran out of room for more words. im kind of in the same situation as you where i have parts but i cant exactly put them on right now. ive got wheels and spacers but i want to get bigger spacers and tires before i mount the wheels. i have a osir shift boot but i need to get a new shift knob for it to work. i have a carbon lip on the way. i always hate it when i cant put the parts on right away. oh i also have blue tint mirrors and vag com and euroswitch and a RNS510 and weathertech digi mats. i am thinking about what im gonna get with my tax money, either awe intake or led tails.:iono:

Tails for sure. And if you get a tax refund, your lucky. I've cut a check to the IRS each year for the past 12 years....and I file as Married with 1 dependant yet I have 4 dependants. *&^%$ IRS!!!! :mad0259:

OSIR knob in black aluminum has my eye....have you thought about that to go with your boot?

Love my Detroits, so I'm not interested in wheels....

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
wrong sub-forum

cosmetic mods dont belong in the cosmetic mods forum?

You titled your thread "My build thread:" which would indicate that it should be in the Member Car Journals sub-forum.
And if this is indeed a build thread by any means whatsoever, then I'm sure we'd all assume it involves more than just cosmetic modifications.