GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My modest build

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Good to know there's another happy Rennline pedal customer on this forum. I'm really considering them as well, at the very least the throttle pedal and extensions. I'm only able to keep 40-50% of my foot on the brake if I actually wanna cleanly heel-toe, and that's too little. I always feel like I'm struggling to actually brake at the expense of a clean downshift. The extension would likely let me keep 75-80% of my foot on the brake.

This is 100% why I got it. I was never super comfortable with the heal toe mechanics in this car.

Excellent! I love my rennline gas pedal setup with riser. Your pic is making me want to upgrade the rest of them to match

Really the only reason I got the rest of them is because I had issues slipping off the brake and clutch. The added look is nice though!

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Had my toe slip off the brake while sort of rolling my ankle on a heel-toe yesterday and it was unsettling. Glad there’s an option, they remind me of something out of a Lotus with all the aluminum too

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Months ago I purchased a new TBE for my GTI. The main reason behind this was not from a question of performance but rather longevity. The aluminized steel catback on the car was completely effed (yet somehow didnt leak). This is probably the most expensive purchase I have made that has netted me the least amount of performance gain. But two things were going to happen if I did not... 1: the catback would have to be cut out, hell this almost happened anyways. 2: the catalytic converter will begin to fail due to the high zinc content of my oil.

Advantages with the new setup are that its all SS, vband instead of flanged, and the cat can be replaced in the future without replacing the whole system. I also took the time to wrap the downpipe in heat wrap. Maybe eek out a pony or too from heat management.

IMG_20200731_203227.jpg

IMG_20200807_211750.jpg

My previous setup was an APR downpipe and a 42DD exhaust. Now the entire exhaust is 42DD. The sound is extremely similar. Slightly quieter with the new setup; yet at higher RPM it somehow sounds more throaty.

More than anything I am happy to not have to worry about this setup. It is clean and tidy; well constructed and performs. Happy camper

zrickety

The Fixer
Car is still alive. 133k miles

New headgasket, arp head bolts, timing chain/tensioner and water pump installed.

Cant stop wont stop. Ride this girl till the wheels fall off
Curious, did you need to do the head gasket or it was just because of the ARP head bolts? I'm taking mine apart again.

clownish

just clowning around
Car is still alive. 133k miles

New headgasket, arp head bolts, timing chain/tensioner and water pump installed.

Cant stop wont stop. Ride this girl till the wheels fall off

I currently need to replace my headgasket and do my water pump and timing services. I'm at 96,000. Did you use all OEM parts besides the bolts? Did you use a kit like FCP or ECS? I'm very very tempted to buy a second block, built and machine it with drop in rods and pistons and then just swap out, after refreshing everything on the 2nd one. Triples my costs but... then all I need to do is get that EFR or GTX or whatever.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
I currently need to replace my headgasket and do my water pump and timing services. I'm at 96,000. Did you use all OEM parts besides the bolts? Did you use a kit like FCP or ECS? I'm very very tempted to buy a second block, built and machine it with drop in rods and pistons and then just swap out, after refreshing everything on the 2nd one. Triples my costs but... then all I need to do is get that EFR or GTX or whatever.

I used all OEM parts aside from the bolts. Most current revisions of the tensioner and pump available.

I did think about another donor engine to build like you are talking about. But was also mired by cost. Hard when the car is a DD