GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My parents need help, gonna have to sell my GTI :(

Larry70454

Ready to race!
My parents are about $19k in debt and need help otherwise their house will be taken. I think I'm gonna have to sell my GTI so I can pay off their debts. I know I will miss this car greatly, but life isn't fair and it's not like I live in a third world country. I'll still have a car, just won't be a nice one. I dunno, I'm gonna have to give this a lot of thought.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Do what you gotta do man, you will NOT regret helping your parents. Family is not worth any car.

Larry70454

Ready to race!
:( bummer man. Family is definitely more important than a nice car though.

I'm definitely not the kind of person who takes things for granted, it will certainly be hard to let this car go. On the other hand, I'd always feel bad if I stood by and let them go homeless.

adrock301

Retaining a home and supporting the family is more important than having a nice car. I know its not the most ideal situation, but you do what you gotta do to support the family. Best of luck with everything :).

This

and

:thumbsup:

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
sell your other car ? if you have to sell your gti do it , get another one some day, your parents gave you something better then a car , they gave you life so do what you have to do man.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
That sucks,
Thank god i am hear to help....

Step 1. Install a trailer hitch onto the GTI.

Step 2. Offer to pull them around in there new mobil home.

Its a WIN WIN and what i refer to as SYNERGY.

GTI_Dude

Ready to race!
Family/House > Car

You are doing a noble thing sir! I don't know your age, but I'm sure you will have more opportunies later down the road.

What I don't understand is, there are people who live in crummy apartments and yet they drive Beemers, Mercedes and etc. :iono: I'd rather have a nice house with 2 car garage.

Good luck to you Larry70454!

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
As long as they don't habitually get into debt and would just rack it back up again anyway. Some family members, even parents, can be leeches and helping them financially just prolongs the problem.

Have they looked into all those avoid foreclosure programs floating around?

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!
I'm at a loss as to what to recommend as an alternative to selling your car, not knowing all of the details, but I admire your willingness to sacrifice for the good of your family.

I wish you and your folks all the best.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
As long as they don't habitually get into debt and would just rack it back up again anyway. Some family members, even parents, can be leeches and helping them financially just prolongs the problem.

Have they looked into all those avoid foreclosure programs floating around?

Got a mother that would be a leech if we let her. I helped her twice and she got right back into the same mess in a few years. I am done.

Most of those foreclosure programs are a scam. Watch out.

shadow29

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear that man, but your most definetly doing the right thing by helping out your parents. It's a very difficult situation to be in and its very honorable of you to be helping them like you are.