GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mysterious Oil Leak

Hussain_Salam

Hi All,

So I picked up a Golf GT TSI 1.4, I believe it has a CAV engine? However, I noticed the Airbox had a lot of oil surrounding it. After removing it, it seems like there's a lot of oil in the air intake. I removed the airbox and left the car as I was busy when I next started it up there was a milky substance in the air take, my first thought was 'blown head gasket' but after reading online it may be condensation and poor weather in the UK as the dipstick had no milky substance, and the coolant levels have not dropped. (Image can be seen below)
IMG_4890.JPG

Anyways, I noticed that there was a oil leak dripping off of the exhaust just under the supercharger compressor. After diving underneath it seemed like the supercharger compressor' plastic housing was very loose and the foam inside was soaked with oil. So I went ahead and removed the housing and cleaned the supercharger compressor and ran the engine up to temp for a while. I couldn't see any visible leaks, however the only place I saw oil from was the oil intake (in the image above)

So any ideas, that would be great.