GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need engine replaced...looking for recommendations

drewGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking for recommendations for an engine installer in the Philly area. I have a '12 which needs an engine replacement (CBFA). Looking to source the engine myself and just need a good mechanic.

Thanks in advance!
-Drew

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
ooooo get a TTRS 2.5 turbo in there!!

flight1us

Ready to race!
probably not seeing as you have a GTI

flight1us

Ready to race!
If you had a golf r maybe, but even then its not a plug and play swap

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I'm that guy who's always happy to play with other people's money to fulfill my dreams lol

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
How did this ever play out? What did the new engine & swap cost you?

drewGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
I ended up finding a 60k mile engine with warranty through www.car-part.com. I had a dealer (Fred Beans VW) install it for me for about $2500. They came recommended to me and surprisingly were cheaper than most independent shops. I ended up having some other work done like DSG service and carbon cleaning. All in it was about $6k. They did a great job and no issues so far with more than 10k miles added since.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
I ended up finding a 60k mile engine with warranty through www.car-part.com. I had a dealer (Fred Beans VW) install it for me for about $2500. They came recommended to me and surprisingly were cheaper than most independent shops. I ended up having some other work done like DSG service and carbon cleaning. All in it was about $6k. They did a great job and no issues so far with more than 10k miles added since.

Oh man, thats a great ending to this story! thanks for the follow up.

Great idea to get carbon and stuff done while the car was half apart. It sucks to eat the increased labor/parts cost when already doing so much other work but its so worth having the car in tip top shape. Those "while you're there" upgrades can run up a tab.