GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help/advice on a Dealer's Body Shop issue....

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Insurance company. Contact them. Let them get the dealer to replace all damaged parts with brand new parts.
Insurance companies tend to offer their "lifetime" warranty on collision repairs performed by their preferred providers. If the dealership was one of their preferred providers, then yes, the insurance company should handle it.

If the OP decided not to utilize one of the insurance company's preferred providers, then he's on his own.

There are some questions though:
1) Is the dealership a GM-certified collision repair center?
if no, then 2) did the dealership outsource the repairs to a GM certified repair center? If the outsourced collision place is not a GM certified collision repair center... probably best to call up GM customer service and open a case file and get corporate involved.

Thanks for the ideas, btw. I reached out to both my insurance company (Progressive) & GM today.
Insurance/claim lady didn't call me back yet.

I opened up a case with GM and am expecting a call on Wednesday. They are a certified collision center....so we'll see what happens there.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I would check your lease terms. Typically they dismiss any damage smaller than a credit card. But I wouldn’t be shocked if they tried to make you liable at lease turn in.
True, and I don't need to be caught up in that and/or receive a bill later on for it either.

The metal is scratched there too and I'm in the salt belt....god forbid it start rusting and look like shit too, then they could nail me.