GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

neuspeed vs autotech insert?

Joker GTI

Ready to race!
I had a neuspeed torque mount insert on my mkv and my cars shifting was much better... I'm going to buy an insert again and I need yalls advice on the neuspeed and autotech inserts, why do u like one better etc etc? Thanks

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
i didn't think they had one for the tsi...i had one of theirs in my rabbit but i had to go with bfi b/c energy suspension doesn't list a tsi specific insert

and i wouldn't go with the autotech the poly bushings are formed much better and do a better job with the wheel hop

bad grammar=confusion...i meant they as in energy suspension

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I had the Neuspeed & BFI & Autotech mounts....Neuspeed was the worst for vibrations.

BFI's is a softer durometer, but same "performance" as the Neuspeed one with less vibrations

If you want a poly insert, go with BFI.
You'll still get vibrations though....(which I didn't like)....so I removed it & don't have an insert anymore

GIT MO

Passed Driver's Ed
Now you tell me. I just ordered a BFI. New to GTI, didn't know. Is it that bad? if so, I'd probably return it

heartcoke

Ready to race!
Now you tell me. I just ordered a BFI. New to GTI, didn't know. Is it that bad? if so, I'd probably return it
No it's not bad, it depends if you find the vibrations to be an issue.

whalesalad

Ready to race!
BFI changed their "blend" after getting a lot of complaints from people, so I believe it is softer now.

Funny though, because I have one of the OG BFI mounts and never noticed any excessive vibration. Used PBlaster to install it and haven't looked back since. Really stiffened up the feel when shifting. Wouldn't drive without it!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

If you like the GTI because it's smooth and refined....then you won't want the insert

If you just drive the car and don't care...maybe you'll like it

It's different for everyone.

For me....it was just putting the car in reverse....it vibrated and made the car feel cheap (which it isn't)....so the stock mount works for me

I really feel it's more for the manual trans. anyways (IMO)....the shifts & takeoffs felt awesome with the mount insert on my old manual trans. Just the vibrations sucked in reverse (dash shaking). Neutral wasn't as bad, but had SOME

TechnikSLR

Ready to race!
hpa makes a really awesome one but its a lot more than 14 dollars.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
ok so which one is the best comprimise between stiffness and ride? I have looked at this mod but I dont want shaking or anything. I would like one that changes the ride as little as possible but offers some performance advantage too.

JP

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Im extremely happy with my Autotech insert. Had it for a year now. No vibrations at all! Shifting is much better now.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
ok so which one is the best comprimise between stiffness and ride? I have looked at this mod but I dont want shaking or anything. I would like one that changes the ride as little as possible but offers some performance advantage too.

JP

Reverse is the worst for the vibrations with any of the inserts....but how often do you use reverse?

When driving you don't notice them

On the DSG, you'll notice them more in Drive while at a stop light (due to the lurching/nature of the DSG)...compared to a manual trans sitting in neutral at a light