GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Aus golf forum

nath_mkVI

Ready to race!
Guys,

Not sure if this will generate anything, and some may already be aware of this through mkv.com, however for those looking for a friendly and active golf forum in Aus I recommend having a look over at http://www.vwgolf.net.au/forum.php really good forum and much friendlier than some others.

elisiX

Nice.

Does feel like there are quite a few forums though. lol.

MKV.com
golfmk6.com
vwwatercooled.com
ozaudi.com
vwvortex.com

Of course some are not Australian specific, or VW specific even.

Just registered!.. and I noticed an old mate of mine on there is a mod.

Last edited:

nath_mkVI

Ready to race!
Yeah there are alot.

But when you look at them, and I dont use ozaudi or vwvortex, but mkv has spiralled out of control recently, mk6 has almost not participation from aus, and VWWC at times is run by dictators who allow their friends to do whatever whilst everyone else tows the line. IMO.

elisiX

I think you summarized them perfectly. :D

OzAudi is a great little forum. I imagine the new forum will be much like that.

It's so funny that you mention it, I join and I realize that a very good old friend of mine is the one running the site.

I just haven't spoken to him in a long time. :)

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
golfmkv aus chapter is making a come back. the people want drive days and old school gtg's.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
VWWC at times is run by dictators who allow their friends to do whatever whilst everyone else tows the line. IMO.

Ironic how this statement can also be applied to vwgolf.net.au.
Actually, I have less trouble with the mods at VWWC than I do at vwgolf.net.au. At least at VWWC, one can express a opinion w/o being jumped on by hypersensitive EMO kids and their mod buddies.

Am I the only one who finds this thread rude and offensive - i.e. to advertise the existence of another forum here is not in good form IMO. I wonder what would happen if the same thing was done on vwgolf.net.au. I bet that the thread would be deleted very quickly.

Last edited:

nath_mkVI

Ready to race!
Mate you and your keyboard warrior bull crap just isn't tolerated over at the new forum you stick to the usual bullshit that comes from your fingers and have fun with that, it's people like you that drive others from these types of forums.
As for advertising well if the mods don't like it they can remove it as they had the opp on mk5.com where other forums are advertised from time to time, to me it's about growing a community that values positive inputs in lieu of big egos driving the agenda and killing off those who give things a go.
For someone who proclaims their hatred of all things mk6 GTI I failmto understand what you're even doing here

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Mate you and your keyboard warrior bull crap just isn't tolerated over at the new forum you stick to the usual bullshit that comes from your fingers and have fun with that, it's people like you that drive others from these types of forums.
As for advertising well if the mods don't like it they can remove it as they had the opp on mk5.com where other forums are advertised from time to time, to me it's about growing a community that values positive inputs in lieu of big egos driving the agenda and killing off those who give things a go.
For someone who proclaims their hatred of all things mk6 GTI I failmto understand what you're even doing here

Temper temper.

I love the new MkVI R (so much better than the MKVI Golf GTI) so I think I am in the right place. Who are you to say where I should nor should not be? Being rather pompous aren't you?

The only ones with a big ego are people who criticise new cars (e.g. MKVI Golf R) that supercedes theirs (MkVI Golf GTI) in performance because of their sour grapes syndrome and to justify to themselves that they have made the right choice.

Last edited:

azzab80

Temper temper.

I love the new MkVI R (so much better than the MKVI Golf GTI) so I think I am in the right place. Who are you to say where I should nor should not be? Being rather pompous aren't you?

The only ones with a big ego are people who criticise new cars (e.g. MKVI Golf R) that supercedes theirs (MkVI Golf GTI) in performance because of their sour grapes syndrome and to justify to themselves that they have made the right choice.

haha is this the guy that constantly bagged out the MKVI platform every chance he could get on mkv.com

Talk about a back flip.. hypocrite much?

triode12

Go Kart Champion
haha is this the guy that constantly bagged out the MKVI platform every chance he could get on mkv.com

Talk about a back flip.. hypocrite much?

I am still bagging it mate - no backflips.
Still criticising the cheapened interior and so so exterior and the MKVI GTI's lack of fun.

I like the MkVI R because of its performance and fun factor but still criticising it's looks and interior (compared to the MKV).

Of course, because of the EMO boys, I have to say I love the MKVI R so that I don't hurt their delicate feelings. i.e. I have toned down my language to accomodate them. Opinions still remain the same wrt to the MKVI platform.

What is your nick on the other forums btw? Too shy to reveal yourself? :)

Last edited:

xenon

Ready to race!
It is a fact that Australian soils lack Magnesium. This in turn means that Australian grown food (Yes, we are still mainly eating Aussie Grown food) is lacking in this vital element. You might ask why this is important. Well, without going into too much detail as it may be confusing to some of you, Magnesium is used by the body to control muscle twitching. A lack of it means the body is stressed and cannot relax as it should and hence the theory suggests that Australians are more aggressive. Studies suggest that this lack of Magnesium in our diets leads to a more aggressive driving style and hence more road rage. It is obvious then that this form of rage can filter into other aspects of our lives and these fora are no exception.

So, everyone please go to the local pharmacy in the morning and buy a high dose magnesium supplement and take it regularly and hopefully in about 2-3 weeks we should all be kind and generous towards the other contributors. That would be so nice, wouldn't it? As you can see, I take my magnesium every day.

Good luck to all of you.

xenon

Ready to race!
You see?? they have enough Magnesium in Canada.

Thank you mate!