GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI Owner

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys, figured I'd introduce myself since I'm new around here. I'm new to VW, and was sold on the GTI after driving one last year. Been waiting for the right MK6 since then and picked one up last week. 2013 6MT Wolfsburg with 9k miles.

Although my car is a bit strange, it's a Wolfsburg with leather and Serron wheels. It was a late 2013 production so they may have pieced it together. I don't plan to mod the car because for me it's fine the way it is. I would like to add some mud flaps and possibly a hitch bike rack, so I'll be researching options there. I was deciding between a WRX and GTI, and the VW just felt better engineered. I realize that the TSI engine has it's problems, but I'm hoping I have decent luck with mine.

I am and always have been a car guy, though more into restoring classic and muscle cars. The past few years I restored a Pro-Touring themed 65 Nova. Very fun car to drive, eventually I sold the car to a German guy who had it shipped to Germany believe it or not. So here I am, now driving a German car. :D

Anyway, glad to be here...seems like a lot of good information.

Last edited:

Blindfated

Ready to race!
^ Great looking Nova.

Man...reminds me of the cars I saw at the drag strip growing up. My mom had a similar Nova that she flipped, and replaced it with a 67 Chevelle Malibu.

Welcome! Enjoy the GTI!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the GTI!

Also, nice '65 Nova! :D

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forums. Car looks clean. Hope you enjoy it.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Welcome!

Sweet Nova. That German buyer will certainly have quite a unicorn to drive around his town.