GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New here but not to VAG

Hareraising

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to post . Been lurking here for awhile . I am picking up my 2007 CW 4 door GTI Pkg 2 this week when it arrives , Trading in my modified dolphin grey quattro A4. A4 has Dahlback chip and injectors, Turbo Xs BPV , thermal exhaust , AMS short shifter, H&R coilovers, RaceteTec Front mount intercooler, Dahlback and spare Carbonio intake used for Waterfest (but runs better on Dahlaback , looks nicer wiith Carbonio) B5 S4 brakes , S4 rear, Je Design roof spoiler, I just had Sportec front and sides removed and 19 inch DPEs R08 variants taken off.

With that said I will not modify the GTI :laugh: :biggrin: :bs:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
as long as it doesnt look like this

Snowborderz

I Drive DoggyStyle
how about you pop the hood on that a4 and maybe show us a nice pic of whats underneath.....

da_17

Passed Driver's Ed
I suppose it is quite different, but how does the GTI compare to the A4? By the way, really nice looking A4.

Hareraising

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly being i got a 4 door the interior space as far as seating is not much different. The trunk / hatch space however is a big difference with the 4 door on the GTI . My A4 had tons of space in the trunk.
Seating i think is the next big difference i see . As long as i had the A4 i always felt it could have benefited from sportier seats which the GTI has.
Next up is the power issue . The new 2.0T feels like a whole new engine compared to the 1.8T . With just a chip ill be makin a lot more hp in the GTI then i was in A4 with all my mods. And i think ill feel more power hittin the road due to FWD in the GTI.
The only thing i am truly concerned about is the lack of quattro and bad weather.

I think this car compares favorably to the A3 which ive driven a few times . It has more of a driver feel . Felt a lil disconnected in the A3 while in the GTI i really felt like it was fun to drive. That bein said i think the A3 is a lil nicer lookin but no where near justifies its price tag.