GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member Introduction and Questions

Iggy913

Good morning all from the NE coast of NC. I'm picking up my first VW, a 2016 Golf TSI SE this afternoon. It appears to be in phenomenal shape with only 40k miles. Assuming I purchase it my plan is do hit all the basic maintenance items so I know they were done, and done properly. I wanted to ask here about said maintenance. Air filters look pretty straightforward, along with engine oil and filter. It's an automatic (not DSG), so I'm planning on doing a fluid and filter change here too. What about a fuel filter, do these cars have one? Anything else I'm missing, I think there is a cabin air filter, what about spark plugs?

Lastly I've read some on the transmission procedure, I'm a pretty big fan of Amsoil and use it in all my vehicles, they do make an ATF that is VW approved. I've seen the procedure with pumping the fluid in through the drain fitting and the temperature requirements to ensure the level is correct. Where is everyone getting their filters from? Amsoil/Wix does not list one for this car, that I've found anyway.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Good luck on your new purchase and congratulations. Just an FYI, you are on a MK6 forum, your new car is a MK7. You will get information from other MK7 owners on that forum but much of the same will apply.