GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

rottgrub

I measured voltage and current of the USB port on the front and it was about 5.2V and 1.5A what is quite nice.

Today I have did some further VCDS label file studying. Did some further editing. Changes are online on OneDrive link I posted previosly. I added start-up volume to Adaptation, but on 187B doesn't working. Someone can try it on 187A.

I have not done any progress in term of start-up volume. Gala is ON, the HU is able to access to speed of car, but it seems not working. But I have never got GALA working on any car I owned.

For those of us using OBDEleven, rather than VCDS, is there any way you could show some of the labels in the interface, or with a simple chart with the bits shown?

I can do long coding, but I don't think there is any way to pull in your label file.

Thanks!

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Here :thumbup:
This is More Clear Maybe

Left then right —->

1 ) Black
2 ) Red
3 ) Green
4 ) White

sweet, thanks for your pic and labeling out the different color wires!

veigy

For those of us using OBDEleven, rather than VCDS, is there any way you could show some of the labels in the interface, or with a simple chart with the bits shown?

I can do long coding, but I don't think there is any way to pull in your label file.

Thanks!

You may look inside label file directly if you dare :) in attachement there are poor list of known cooding. Format is like: LC,<byte>,<bit>,<label>... Maybe it'll help you...

Today I was takling with guy who have RCD330 too and he told me that coding and adaptation is mostly changed in different SW versions :(

Attachments

• LC.jpg
    LC.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 188

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Isn't that the list of things VCDS latest beta includes anyway? I've seen the options but none of the codings stick, saying out of range - could be as you say, that the label file they offer is specific to a firmware version in which case they'll need to do a lot more testing to have SW specific label files.

veigy

Isn't that the list of things VCDS latest beta includes anyway? I've seen the options but none of the codings stick, saying out of range - could be as you say, that the label file they offer is specific to a firmware version in which case they'll need to do a lot more testing to have SW specific label files.

I think VCDS is now loading 5m0-035-1xx-56.clb. My label file is based on this label file too, but i made a lot of changes in it.

USB mod like shown in post above is what I'm planning to do. But I'm thinking about original Fakra HSD connector. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HSD-Fakra-...582323?hash=item58c5ea33f3:g:CxkAAOxy2CZTZz8X

bobbybasic

Here :thumbup:
This is More Clear Maybe

Left then right —->

1 ) Black
2 ) Red
3 ) Green
4 ) White

Are you sure this configuration of coloured wires is the same for all these fakra cables?

I had a feeling they were thrown together quickly/cheaply and so each cable would be different. I could be wrong of course :)

I picked up a multi meter anyway, only £9. Worth having.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Nah it's on my list to do soon.

I was considering the USB FAKRA socket for a more VW specific solution but ultimately it was an extra effort with minimal gain for me as I'd already sliced off the FAKRA connection off my existing USB cable hah.

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you sure this configuration of coloured wires is the same for all these fakra cables?

I had a feeling they were thrown together quickly/cheaply and so each cable would be different. I could be wrong of course :)

I picked up a multi meter anyway, only £9. Worth having.

Yes i am sure because i already use same way .. with same usb cable for rcd510 on picture green and yellow socket

Last edited:

LaRayes

I am not fight for HU or something , i fight because he share my email to public

i open IPR report on aliexpress .. they will fixe him ..

anyways ...

5314 With AA firmware somtimes have problem ,when i plug cable HU show ‘unlock phone’ then after reset hu it work.. anybody have same bugs ? Or problem from hu ?

Sory for broken english i am french so not easy write english like talking.. thats why..

I have the same issue hoping for a new firmware to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andr3ws

Does anyone know how to change the carplay menu from left hand side to right hand side? Cant seem to find any setting for it.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know how to change the carplay menu from left hand side to right hand side? Cant seem to find any setting for it.

There's no way to change it in software from what I understand, seems to gather the side based off what side vehicle you've got. However, if it's incorrect, the only way I found out how to fix it was to disconnect battery and let it reset back to defaults.

The Red Warrior

It can be changed. You mean so that the home button and app buttons are on the opposite side right?

I accidentally did it when I was trying to wire up my rear USB port. I think I changed it back by changing the language.