GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

spopinski

Passed Driver's Ed
Never had problems with this hw/fw setup straight from the factory

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Interesting, not seen 5406 before, only 5314 and 5515.
Shame we don't have the tools to dump the filesystem to share it.

Anyone found any information about telnet/ssh/serial JTAG to the board for debugging? it has an asix.ko ethernet driver module in the firmware, anyone got one to hand to plug into the usb port?

Read this https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...0f398e2f17aa5a42dd3e70fd8e1939203&prev=search

Seems you can in fact get to the shell via a lot of effort...

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the source being used by sellers, or people the sellers know, to hack together firmware from information and leaked firmware updates.

I'd be fine with this approach if it was open, I don't mind hacked software but it'd be nice if the efforts were pooled on github or something.

Obviously won't ever see the light of day since it's a huge financial incentive to keep all development in house and upsell any work done.

Reading down the bottom @ 0 × 09 postscript (which I assume is meant to be 09 Conclusion) - seems the author wrote a small upgrade file that enables the ftp server and starts the usb networking module for ASIX usb ethernet adapters. Assuming the ftp server is running as root, or at least it's likely embedded linux filesystems will be read allow for the whole filesystem, could likely dump the firmware via ftp.

Last edited:

spopinski

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought it in November last year, the moment the seller said that all the previous bugs were squashed. I'm glad I waited.

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
Never had problems with this hw/fw setup straight from the factory

If we can find this firmware )
I am sure have all firmware from chiness sallers but they dont want share.. just they want sale unit, after no supported about upgrade or fixe problem

Last edited:

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Well, unless Crngiar swings by and wants to give us a dump of the 5406/C210 firmware it's going to be a long long wait to see it.

Especially since we know it's likely they've dumped/copied/edited firmware from the information found above. Wonder if usb ASIX ethernet is still enabled on these modded firmwares...]

edit: paid the few £ to get a ASIX AX8872B from hong kong, now to wait a month! hah

Last edited:

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, unless Crngiar swings by and wants to give us a dump of the 5406/C210 firmware it's going to be a long long wait to see it.

Especially since we know it's likely they've dumped/copied/edited firmware from the information found above. Wonder if usb ASIX ethernet is still enabled on these modded firmwares...]

edit: paid the few £ to get a ASIX AX8872B from hong kong, now to wait a month! hah

Crngair never will be share anything with us , he already share somthing for birck our units.
.He just want sale radio expencive unit 5515 c210 with bugs but he dont want share firmware wich one have no bugs ..so. No need to wait.. maybe russian guys will find and share..

Crngiar

i have the dump roofs about 5406/C210

but there is not have the uboot.bin

Crngiar

only need the 5406 brand software uboot.bin and the other boot file

the uboot.bin and the vipimage.bin have the bluetooth and other function setting

and can reinstall the fw to the unit

spicypiel

Ready to race!
That is interesting Crngiar, thanks for the info. So you've got a partial dump mhmm. Likely trying a uboot.bin from 5155 would probably soft brick the unit.
Do you know why the rootfs dump doesn't include the u-boot.bin and vipImage.bin? Wouldn't it just be on the / of the filesystem?

Crngiar

That is interesting Crngiar, thanks for the info. So you've got a partial dump mhmm. Likely trying a uboot.bin from 5155 would probably soft brick the unit.
Do you know why the rootfs dump doesn't include the u-boot.bin and vipImage.bin? Wouldn't it just be on the / of the filesystem?

the engineer development the software not make this function

and also the dump file is not including the bluetooth file

see this

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Ah right the SDK doesn't build u-boot.bin, vipImage.bin or the firmware in bt_ac_firm.
That's a pain, wonder how development is meant to happen if you don't have those files to test it.