GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Bryant89

So after all this talk which fw update is the best at the moment?
Can you put a link to it please?

Yes please..I'll settle for a firmware that is bug free for phone calls and Bluetooth music streaming. Car play and Android auto are secondary to me - I'm willing to wait for the bugs to sort out for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceorbital1

Yes please..I'll settle for a firmware that is bug free for phone calls and Bluetooth music streaming. Car play and Android auto are secondary to me - I'm willing to wait for the bugs to sort out for that.

My desay 187b model with HW 036, SW 0317, Bluetooth c250 and
CarPlay is CPL24.V1.4.3@C1 has worked fine so far for me (2012 golf R with M canbus). I have 4 individual volumes (phone, audio, bluetooth and carplay/nav), no reboots, no strange issues.

The Red Warrior

CarPlay is CPL24.V1.4.3@C1 has worked fine so far for me (2012 golf R with M canbus). I have 4 individual volumes (phone, audio, bluetooth and carplay/nav), no reboots, no strange issues.

This is the same model I have.
Where are you accessing the 4 individual volumes? If I go to settings, sound, volume, then my options are:
Maximum start up volume
Speed-dependant volume increase
AUX volume
BT audio

The only bug I have is audio sometimes mutes after the car has been off for a few minutes (eg 5 minutes). Switching to another source fixes this. Eg, if listening to radio and it's been muted when turning car back on, then switch to Media. Then audio volume returns. Then switch back to radio.
Strangely it only happens when switched off for a few minutes (sometimes) and never if it's been a long time eg. An hour or overnight.

iceorbital1

you access the volume while you are using them, ie: phone volume while on a call, nav volume while getting instructions from apple maps... inuntuitive, but works ;)

spicypiel

Ready to race!
This setting is easily forgotten for some reason though, phone calls don't stay this volume the morning after for me. Not sure why.

bmrgold

New issue for me, I had the Siri static bug when I first installed the radio in the car now that is gone all by itself for some odd reason but Siri doesn't talk to me at all... like she has no volume. I can send messages and make phone calls through her but she wont read messages or talk back to me.

I checked and I have her turned up volume wise, Im not crazy right she is supposed to talk to you?

Thinking about downgrading to the firmware that is floating around here that a lot of other people have done.

Hardware: 534
Software: 5515
Bluetooth: C210

icloudfiles

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the following:

Device part number: 6RD035187B
Hardware: 036
Software:0317
Bluetooth: c250
Apple Carplay: CPL24.V1.4.3@C1

Bugs:
- Reboots randomly, especially when its cold out
- No Fader only balance
- Microphone not the best to make calls or use siri.

Requests:
- Change the theme from yellow to red
- Logos for radio stations

Do you guys think there will ever be a firmware upgrade for this version?

Last edited:

veigy

Have anybody idea where to find JTAG/UART connection points on 187B noname unit? Full res: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnVMICPPktJ1xM8fGqtnUqwv2OZt7w

Attachments

• IMG_20180130_191844.jpg
    IMG_20180130_191844.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 1,054

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
New issue for me, I had the Siri static bug when I first installed the radio in the car now that is gone all by itself for some odd reason but Siri doesn't talk to me at all... like she has no volume. I can send messages and make phone calls through her but she wont read messages or talk back to me.

I checked and I have her turned up volume wise, Im not crazy right she is supposed to talk to you?

Thinking about downgrading to the firmware that is floating around here that a lot of other people have done.

Hardware: 534
Software: 5515
Bluetooth: C210

Yes, Siri is supposed to talk. The silence is part of the same bug that causes the static.

bmrgold

Yes, Siri is supposed to talk. The silence is part of the same bug that causes the static.

What are the know bugs with 5314 firmware? Is it just that it only has 2 separate volume controls? I can live with that... I loaded up the firmware on a usb stick and will most likely be downgrading if thats the only thing thing when it comes to apple.

I see that some people have android auto issue with 5314 but I just use apple items in the car.

Bryant89

Thanks! I assume any version of the 187b will be upgradeable in firmware to support either car play or Android auto in the future?

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it just that it only has 2 separate volume controls? I can live with that...

As far as I can tell, that's working as intended, and they added more options in later versions. I downgraded though, and I recommend you do the same. That static bug makes CarPlay pretty much useless since it relies on Siri so much.

Ramses82

What are the know bugs with 5314 firmware? Is it just that it only has 2 separate volume controls? I can live with that...

It is the "most stable" version, but still has got plenty of bugs...

For me:
- bass goes away from songs playing after any phone call. Going to "media" or "radio" and back to android auto seems to solve
- sometimes "app" button becomes unresponsive after going to setup, media or radio. I have to unplug the usb and plug it back
- every time the phone connects to the bluetooth you have to allow the connection on the phone. Even fixing this is temporary and the issue comes back after a couple of connections
- the volume of "ok google" is related to media, no separation, and is always louder than the music making sometimes too loud

The above is for the unit, then Android auto has bugs on its own... like
- no audio reporting of speed cameras on Waze, only screen. Some cameras do audio report, no idea why some and not all
- if you have an app sending sound out like tomtom speed camera, the sound is going through android auto, but if you were in a phone call it will kill any audio coming from the other side and you have to call again

Is it enough of a bug report???
Someone developing this thibg seriously or did I just throw £200 in the bin and can just re-install the RCD510?
What a shame...