Drag Racing Champion

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Got mine today! So far so good!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

ahard48

Ready to race!
So I have had my RCD330 for a year or so now and just had my first few issues.
1.)Immediately when I start the car the radio starts playing for 1 second then sound cuts out but screen stays on. I have to hit the button to turn off then back on and its fine.

2.)When on radio, after about 1 min it starts to skip like a CD sound with distorted sound. I have to change the station and go back then it starts playing fine again, only to start the vicious circle again.

3.) When connected at apple carplay, it randomly starts to call the last in my "recent contacts.

Below is what I have.

RCD.jpg

myjet010

1.)Immediately when I start the car the radio starts playing for 1 second then sound cuts out but screen stays on. I have to hit the button to turn off then back on and its fine.

2.)When on radio, after about 1 min it starts to skip like a CD sound with distorted sound. I have to change the station and go back then it starts playing fine again, only to start the vicious circle again.

3.) When connected at apple carplay, it randomly starts to call the last in my "recent contacts.

Below is what I have.

View attachment 58854

try updating the firmware

mak_us1977

Below is what I have.

View attachment 58854

try make reset, if not fix try upgrade sw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I've tried searching this thread using the works "flat" full range" and "equalizer" but still cannot see if this unit can be coded with vagcom for a flat signal like many of the OEM units. Can anyone weigh in?

HotLikeSauce

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone else have issues with Android Auto on the RCD330+? If it's 90 degrees or more outside, it's a coinflip whether the headunit will work or shut down. I've been on multiple long road trips wusing Waze and Spotify when all of a sudden the screen freezes. After unplugging and replugging in via cable, replacing the cable, restarting my phone, even shutting off the car and restarting it, AA still bricks the headunit until it decides it wants to work again. Anyone have a solution?

torga

Autocross Champion
Anyone else have issues with Android Auto on the RCD330+? If it's 90 degrees or more outside, it's a coinflip whether the headunit will work or shut down. I've been on multiple long road trips wusing Waze and Spotify when all of a sudden the screen freezes. After unplugging and replugging in via cable, replacing the cable, restarting my phone, even shutting off the car and restarting it, AA still bricks the headunit until it decides it wants to work again. Anyone have a solution?

I don't have a heat problem with my head unit.

However, I do have a heat problem from my phone. I used Android Auto for about 15-20 minutes yesterday and my phone almost burned my hand when I got to my destination. I had the "functions limited until temperature decreases notification".

Has this happened to anyone?

After some research, I'm going to try plugging it in with a thicker gauge wire (less resistance) and turning off Wifi/Bluetooth for GPS and limiting it to device-only. Android Auto uses many of a phone's functions at the same time, but this is a fairly new device - a Pixel 3. I would understand if an aging Samsung Galaxy S4 where to overheat, but not a nearly new phone.
I'll report back once I try these things.

torga

Autocross Champion
Let me know if that helps. I use a Pixel XL and it's kind of absurd how horrible AA has gotten. There were a ton of articles today on how the new AA is great, but I'm still on the last build.
The RCD330 runs it without a hitch. I'm a big fan of the new AA update - it feels more modern and less clunky.
My phone getting hot is either a cable thing or a phone thing - the RCD330 isn't at fault.