GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

torga

Autocross Champion
I can't even get the new AA option... Other than this, my phone works perfect. Planned obsolescence strikes again.
Download the latest AA version from APKMirror. Once that's done, go into app settings and clear cache, clear data and force stop. Relaunch, go to settings, and a toggle for "try new Android Auto" should be there.

HotLikeSauce

Passed Driver's Ed
Download the latest AA version from APKMirror. Once that's done, go into app settings and clear cache, clear data and force stop. Relaunch, go to settings, and a toggle for "try new Android Auto" should be there.

So I tried this and it's not showing that option. I might be out of luck here until they update the old Pixel models to get the release. Super frustrating to be such a supporter of Android only to get abandoned by Google.

torga

Autocross Champion
So I tried this and it's not showing that option. I might be out of luck here until they update the old Pixel models to get the release. Super frustrating to be such a supporter of Android only to get abandoned by Google.
There's nothing that said old Pixels won't get the update. This is a server-side update, and the steps I outlined sometimes force the update. If that didn't work, just wait until Google pushes it completely to everyone - shouldn't be more than a week.

stasio

Just updated from Y510 to 5522 SW.....:thumbup:

jp450r

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

Just posting about the new RCD330 plus deck that has been out for a few months now. I haven't seen it mention at all on these forums but im sure people would be interested in it.

It not available for the NA market from what i can see as its for India/Russia/China markets?

There is a few version of it available. $100 version that only supports mirrorlink, $200 hacked version that has upgraded ram and supports carplay and the official $270 that has carplay.

Pros:
Direct fit (works with tons of models)
Works with reverse camera
carplay/mirror link
much better screen and touch
reasonable price

WORKS with Dynaudio/fender! You just have to unplug the power from battery and plug it back in. Refer to page 9

Cons:
No HD radio
No XM
No Cd player
No Android Auto

Here is a video of the hacked version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4McPJeUsU5c&t=4s

You can find the ads on aliexpress/ebay. Here is the one for the hacked version that I just bought

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHL...lgo_pvid=221508fc-8268-4ab5-a6bd-4be55f7fe389
I have a 2012 autobahn edition GTI and i didnt have to disconnect my battery for mine to work.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I think I might have fixed my Android Auto sound quality issues. Basically, the sound coming from any app (primarily Amazon Music but also Google Play Music) was awful. Harsh highs, muddled mids, and barely any lows. It would actually cause me physical discomfort to listen to. Equalizer settings on the head unit couldn't do much to compensate since it was too out-of-wack to start with, and also it just sounded super compressed.

I discovered it sounded great on Bluetooth, so that narrowed the problem down to something phone-side. I did some Googling and found the recommendation to "Disable USB audio routing" in the phone developer options. I tried that, and boom, huge improvement! Much richer and clearer sound. I was switching between AA and BT in the middle of songs to compare sound quality, and as far as I could tell it was pretty much identical. People online have guessed that setting makes AA have to get the audio from BT instead of through the cable, I might do some testing to see if that's actually what's going on.

I do still have the issue where AA reverts to the startup volume between every track, but that's a lot easier to live with if the music actually sounds good. From what I've read I think that's a firmware bug.

Part: Noname 187B
Firmware: 5516
Phone: LG G6, Android 8.0

Gotta make sure it's good to go for the new Tool album :D

Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I think I might have fixed my Android Auto sound quality issues. Basically, the sound coming from any app (primarily Amazon Music but also Google Play Music) was awful. Harsh highs, muddled mids, and barely any lows. It would actually cause me physical discomfort to listen to. Equalizer settings on the head unit couldn't do much to compensate since it was too out-of-wack to start with, and also it just sounded super compressed.

I discovered it sounded great on Bluetooth, so that narrowed the problem down to something phone-side. I did some Googling and found the recommendation to "Disable USB audio routing" in the phone developer options. I tried that, and boom, huge improvement! Much richer and clearer sound. I was switching between AA and BT in the middle of songs to compare sound quality, and as far as I could tell it was pretty much identical. People online have guessed that setting makes AA have to get the audio from BT instead of through the cable, I might do some testing to see if that's actually what's going on.

I do still have the issue where AA reverts to the startup volume between every track, but that's a lot easier to live with if the music actually sounds good. From what I've read I think that's a firmware bug.

Part: Noname 187B
Firmware: 5516
Phone: LG G6, Android 8.0

Gotta make sure it's good to go for the new Tool album :D
Thanks for the tip , I'll try this fix out tomorrow. I always noticed that the sound quality was lacking compared to Bluetooth but couldn't figure out what was causing the issue.

Tested it definitely a upgraded in audio quality[emoji106][emoji106].

If you guys are looking for some high quality right angled USB C cables. Get these , no issues at all work perfectly with the radio. Highly recommend

Right Angle USB C Cable AUKEY ( 2 Pack 3.3ft ) 90 Degree USB C to A Fast Charging Cable Aramid Fiber Braided Nylon Type C Charger Cord for Samsung Galaxy Note 9 8 S10 S10+ S9 S8+, LG V30, Pixel 2 3 XL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N7YP5RW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IA5vDb7EDBNDT

Sent from my Pixel 2

Last edited:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I wanted to give a tip regarding bluetooth connectivity to the device and it acting wonky. Wonky in that you might have it auto connect to resume a song you were playing prior and it breaks connection or playing because it's trying to then connect also with the VW PHONE that comes with the car.

So if you have the standard car bluetooth detected as well and recognized in your phone, it will interfere with connecting to the RCD330 bluetooth if you are the kind that has the bluetooth always enabled and it auto connects once you turn on your car.

My recommendation is to go to your bluetooth settings in your phone and have it "forget" the car's bluetooth connectivity. Mine is called VW PHONE where the RCD330 is called VW RADIO. I had it forget VW PHONE and now there are no issues when the phone auto connects to the car.

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Now that I have a longer commute for work, I am debating picking up another RCD330.

Have you Apple folks running carplay and iOS 13 with any issues?

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Now that I have a longer commute for work, I am debating picking up another RCD330.

Have you Apple folks running carplay and iOS 13 with any issues?
Nope, runs better than on iOS12. Nice to be able to keep an app on the cars screen and use one completely different on the phone.

Radom

Just thought someone would appreciate me sharing this release. This is the 5532 firmware meant for Noname (Toppower) RCD330 radios. This is not the one for the Visteon R340!

If you have an RCD330 6RD 035 187A:
DO NOT install this on a Noname RCD330 187A! Those devices do not have enough RAM, 256mb (187A) vs 512mb (187B). If you do install this, you will get an infinite bootloop due to not having enough RAM. This can only be solved by opening the machine up, and using a TTL connection to reflash it OR soldering in a new 512mb RAM chip that basically turns it into a 187B.

Fixes: It functions the same as 5522 for me. Maybe with a bit better audio, but that could just be in my head. It did not fix Bluetooth re-pairing issues for me. Everything else seems pretty much the same for me as it was before on 5522/5518/5516.

Languages: English (US), Spanish (Mex), Portuguese (BR) and Russian

Links:
Zippyshare: https://www15.zippyshare.com/v/CQ15bJGW/file.html
Mega: https://mega.nz/#!ewBTiaRZ!qkua4u0Ca_dqLBuKU5ZKc1vX-GjEVleB6eXYjlC3kA4
MD5 Hash: 9abf91b22d47f34d7b6d22740a21c57e

Enjoy!