GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New summer/track wheel setup: 17" O.Z. with PSS

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I've been considering a summer wheel and tire setup for a while now, and something that can handle occasional HPDE events. Decided to pull the trigger since the wheels I was looking at went on sale.

Went with O.Z. Omnia Wheels wrapped in 225/45R17 PSS rubber. First I need to comment on the quality of O.Z. wheels, I've owned several different wheel brands over the years and O.Z. quality is up there given the price point. I was skeptical of the hub centric rings, but OZ uses aluminum rings with a retainer snap ring, very solid setup.
After mounting, I could immediately notice the car feels quicker and more willing to change directions with the lighter wheels. The Michelin PSS tires speak for themselves, let's just say I can't wait to get this thing on the track. I'm liking the 17's so much, I may end up running them all year around. :D

*edit* I'm aware that Michelin PSS are not dedicated track tires

Last edited:

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
PSS isn't the best for track, they give out too fast and too easily. If you want streetable track tires, consider RE-11 or Z2 Starspecs or RS3

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
To be clear, these will be for beginner HPDE duty. Once these go, I'll consider something stickier. Starting out too sticky though can mask driving technique flaws.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk