GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New, unexperienced VW and Turbo car owner...

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yes it is part of the SAI. I have seen it in my car but not sure where it goes.

Floyd of Rivers

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I’m gonna have to figure that part out too, part of me wants to take it back to the dealer and let them figure it out but idk yet

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yes it is part of the SAI. I have seen it in my car but not sure where it goes.
It looks just like one of those two hoses but its not. I think it is the drainage hose mentioned

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Ah that makes sense. It was odd it had a plug like thing in the end.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Thats not part of the SAI, its on CCTA engines as well its a drainage hose for water. It connects to the bottom of the stock intake box and hangs down in the wheel well area
Can confirm, I found one on my CCTA and it ended up being a drainage hose. From VW

Floyd of Rivers

Passed Driver's Ed
Got some goodies in today going to be installing this and doing a resonator delete this evening

Attachments

• FB0799C8-8599-41CD-B41E-A8AD2D3357F9.jpeg
    FB0799C8-8599-41CD-B41E-A8AD2D3357F9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Awesome. I have had mine in for a few weeks now and i have been impressed. im sure you will be too

Floyd of Rivers

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome I’m looking forward to seeing how it does, hopeful to be able to get a new AC compressor in next week sometime too, this no AC business is for the birds

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Lots of people run them, it's a great gauge and it almost looks oem.

Pros:
- configurable, can show more than just boost
- digital
- looks nice

Cons:
- expensive
- can catch glare and become hard to read
- reads the pressure sensor from ECU which is not as accurate as a manual gauge

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah i didnt realize till your post that i didnt have it listed in my signature with the rest of my mods. It is a Newsouth Performance boost gauge and vent pod.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/NewSouth-Turbo-Vent-Pod-VW-MK6-boost-gauge-kit.html

I went with a mechanical gauge because it taps the manifold. There is no misinterpretating a mechanical gauge. It is a great diagnostic tool for any turbo vehicle.

See the digital gauges read off the ecu which is a slightly inaccurate reading because it gets its data from a sensor located up stream the throttle body. So between that sensor and your actual intake valves there is a lot of room for variation so you wont ever get a true reading.

The mechanical gives you the real pressure in the intake manifold just before it is aspirated into the cylinders.

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Also just an addendum, if you have OBDeleven you can just mount your phone to a holder and see the same live boost values a P3 gauge will show. So keep that in mind.