GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie looking for a low mileage R

Junkrigger

Hi all, please forgive my ignorance and perhaps lack of decorum as I ask for some advice and help. I am super excited to be finally purchasing my first R and think a low miles mk6 might be best for me. I live in the PNWest and have been browsing all the usual car sites for almost a year for my ideal candidate. My findings are that a low miles example is a rare item, perhaps not surprising as these are well loved awesome cars. I am hoping for under 40k miles fairly stock or at least impeccable maintenance records for under $25k. I don’t have a problem paying fairly for a great car! Here are a couple I am considering
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/d/portland-2012-volkswagen-golf-awd-all/7285286611.html
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/puyallup-2012-volkswagen-golf-with/7280004808.html
I like the low miles, warranty and maintenance records of the stage 2+, but am worried it has been driven hard and if it will pass smog, also it’s asking price is up there, and it’s 100 miles away so hard to take to my trusted mechanic for an inspection. The other one is super close to me but miles are higher, not sure of maintainable records.
I am open to all advice and opinions and even other suggestions, open to mk7s and maybe I should even wait for the new mk8 to come out before deciding. I would be looking at mk7s from 2018 and 2019 but low mileage versions seem to ask almost more than original price. Last problem is I have to have a manual, if not I will just get an e-golf. It will be my daily driver but as I commute by train or bus will not see more than 3-4K miles usage a year. Anyway I apologize for the long first post, and really appreciate any and all comments from folks here, what would u do and what do u think is best for a newbie like me really hoping to get into these cars and not needing a modded version mostly just looking for one I can enjoy for many years to come. Thanks and best to all!