GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

NewGuy's DSG CSG 2011 GTI

NewGuy1

Ready to race!
That looks good! Any idea if it still has the tab holes and mounting points for the hood insulation?
It has no holes for the tabs so that's a no.

I have plans to purchase the same hood, but keeping the emblem. My previous GTI (2010) had the front emblem shaved by the previous owner and I wasn't a fan. It always looked like it was missing something. I like having the "VW" to break up the lines, though I do like not having the GTI emblem on the front.
Yea a good portion of the emblem deletes I have seen I do not like as it does appear something is missing.
But I have also seen some really good ones like cosmo10292's which looks amazing. That's also partly because he extended the hood a bit as well tho.

I just need to sit done in photoshop for a bit and design it out.

NewGuy1

Ready to race!
Installed some leather front seats with the sweet GTI headrests.
Gonna be gutting the rear seats very soon and adding custom subwoofer enclosure in there place.
Also have more suspension mods happening this weekend.
Seats.jpg

NewGuy1

Ready to race!
The seats look great! What kind of suspension mods?
Thanks! they're in great shape actually and i got them for a bargain price. Just need to redo my armrests and door cards to match.
They dont have the electric tilt controls but I'm fine with losing that feature.

This weekend I'm throwing in some DG springs, I dont want to do this low anymore.
Ill also be throwing in a whiteline Rear sway bar and switching out the bushing and brackets on my front sway bar to eliminate the squeak.

Illl probably be gutting my rear seats out as well to take measurements for the enclosure.

End goal here is to make it as easy to clean as possible, I have two huskies that travel with me often and it is an absolute pain to clean.

NewGuy1

Ready to race!
Got a good amount of things done this weekend.
Upgraded rear sway bar to whiteline 24mm and wow that makes a big difference.
Changed my coils to linear DG springs and am glad, started hating the bounciness of the progressives.
Also raised it a bit which I approve because I was tired of scrapping daily.
new height.jpg

Last I installed new UU headlights, really liking the way they look but still need to raise the low beam cut off and get some better bulbs for them.

new lights.jpg

Wasnt able to switch the brackets for my FSB as the ones SPM sent seem too big,
but i think the sounds ive been hearing may be from my torn endlink boots.

Also think i need to swap my rear control arm bushings as they didnt seem too good.

NewGuy1

Ready to race!
Redid my door and dash trim.
trim92.jpg

Also switched out the clothe center armrest with a leather one
and i replaced my driver side A-pillar trim with one that does'nt have a cracked vent.

NewGuy1

Ready to race!
Installed a chin spoiler to my bumper last week.
And yesterday I smashed it to pieces into the curb when parking aha.
Live and learn.
Ill try to glue/meld it back together, but i got it for $40 so no big loss.

busted lip.JPG

torga

Autocross Newbie
Did you follow a guide to remove the door panels or did you just wing it?

Bumping into your chin spoiler is rough. I've gotten good and parking just bar the bars, or a curb. But I have scraped my exhaust tips before when backing into a spot. Feels bad.

NewGuy1

Ready to race!
Did you follow a guide to remove the door panels or did you just wing it?

Bumping into your chin spoiler is rough. I've gotten good and parking just bar the bars, or a curb. But I have scraped my exhaust tips before when backing into a spot. Feels bad.
Just winged it, its simple enough.
I learned the proper method before when installing my courtesy door lights
I usually back in too but i just decided to park aggressively that day and lip went right into the curb with a crack