GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NewGuy's DSG CSG 2011 GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Loved those DG springs in my last car...I need to get another set.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Redid my door and dash trim.
trim92.jpg

Also switched out the clothe center armrest with a leather one
and i replaced my driver side A-pillar trim with one that does'nt have a cracked vent.

torga

Autocross Champion
Did you follow a guide to remove the door panels or did you just wing it?

Bumping into your chin spoiler is rough. I've gotten good and parking just bar the bars, or a curb. But I have scraped my exhaust tips before when backing into a spot. Feels bad.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Did you follow a guide to remove the door panels or did you just wing it?

Bumping into your chin spoiler is rough. I've gotten good and parking just bar the bars, or a curb. But I have scraped my exhaust tips before when backing into a spot. Feels bad.

Just winged it, its simple enough.
I learned the proper method before when installing my courtesy door lights
I usually back in too but i just decided to park aggressively that day and lip went right into the curb with a crack

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Fun thread but had a couple questions -

I sold my RCD330 because I wasn’t a fan of the front port but your setup looks good. Can you provide info on that short cable and why did you remove the rear USB to the head unit?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Fun thread but had a couple questions -

I sold my RCD330 because I wasn’t a fan of the front port but your setup looks good. Can you provide info on that short cable and why did you remove the rear USB to the head unit?

Yea to add a rear usb to your RCD 330 you need to solder directly to the PCB.
But i found the connection to be extremely picky.
You have to ensure that your soldering is spot on and that your cable to the other usb port is completely shielded.

I solder a lot and got the connection pretty good but it would always fail/disconnect phone at critical moments
Plus i like having my phone right next to the rcd 330 since google maps utilizes both screens and the extra screen helps out often.

So i just removed extension, bought a short usb, and made a phone mount that connects to radio mounting points.
Ended up with a very clean look and phone never disconnects anymore.

Short USB can be found here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QNN3DB3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
One of the valves after cleaning,
not perfect but much better.
Hands were getting tired after scrapping and soaking in carb cleaner was only doing so much.
carb8.jpg

Engine sounds better now, less rough than before.
We'll see if this solves my fuel efficiency issues.
Car hasn't surged at all since procedure so that's promising.

torga

Autocross Champion
That grille is mint!! Looks great with the R bumper.