GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NJ APR Dealers: Which One?!

upgrad3

Ready to race!
Aright, so I read the other post on "NJ Tunning Shops" and it really doesn't help me out =D This is my first German car so I really don't know the reputation for any shops.

Supposedly Douglas VW in Summit is a great place to get ECU flashed and according to the "Tunning Shops" it remains under warranty....Yet, I just called Douglas (Spoke with Brian from Service) and he went out of his way to tell me that the flash WILL void the warranty on the ECU and my car will be "flagged" as modified...Now, with that being said, whether true or not, I am leaning towards going to a tuning shop and not a VW dealer...

So it looks like my options are (well, what I am considering):

Eurotech Motorsports - Wayne, NJ
Lux Motorwerks - Keyport, NJ
Redline Speed Worx - Washington, NJ

Anyone have any experience with these guys? Recommend any other shops? I hear Redline is a great shop. I would just rather have the ECU flashed at a shop and let VW try and figure out if the ECU was touched

BenH

Ready to race!
I think the owner of Eurotech was a master tech at Jack Daniels for years. Also pulling out the ECU is baby stuff for tuning shops. Look when it comes to mods you pay to play. As long as you don't push the envelope and get a kit that pushes a K03 turbo to 30psi it's not a big deal. Tanner Foust's rally cross Ford Fiesta makes like 700hp from a 2.0L turbo motor at 60psi. Average run time before that motor rebuild is 20 minutes according to Tanner.

upgrad3

Ready to race!
Redline it is =D

Just called up and made an appointment for tomm morning.....a nice hour drive but it'll be nicer driving back....let you all know how it goes

Tom Ace

Passed Driver's Ed
Upgrad3, how much is redline charging for the install? I was going to go to douglas, but after reading your OP, I think i'm going with redline as well.

upgrad3

Ready to race!
Upgrad3, how much is redline charging for the install? I was going to go to douglas, but after reading your OP, I think i'm going with redline as well.

Well, I drove up to Redline this morning (About an hour and 20min drive) only to find out my box code isn't available yet so I really didn't get into discussing installation price. It can't be much, only takes about 20min to do.

I will be going back though, their shop is very nice and they guarantee all of their work for 12months. Also from doing some research they have a very good reputation around the community.

JR@RSW

Well, I drove up to Redline this morning (About an hour and 20min drive) only to find out my box code isn't available yet so I really didn't get into discussing installation price. It can't be much, only takes about 20min to do.

I will be going back though, their shop is very nice and they guarantee all of their work for 12months. Also from doing some research they have a very good reputation around the community.

Nice to meet you this Morning! I was hoping we could have gotten lucky being your car is so New!

We do not charge anything for Programing the Ecu.

PM or email
Info@redlinespeedowrx.com

upgrad3

Ready to race!
Nice to meet you this Morning! I was hoping we could have gotten lucky being your car is so New!

We do not charge anything for Programing the Ecu.

PM or email
Info@redlinespeedowrx.com

You too man....According to Arin, APR has an AQ and they are working on it....So once I hear from Arin that the AQ flash is available I'll give you a call and then head on over again

pressure drop

Ready to race!
So Douglas VW themselves will flag your car to VW after you pay them to chip it? Are you sure? I was going to get my APR tune there but hmmm...

How good are VW dealers at spotting the ecu tune?

Aright, so I read the other post on "NJ Tunning Shops" and it really doesn't help me out =D This is my first German car so I really don't know the reputation for any shops.

Supposedly Douglas VW in Summit is a great place to get ECU flashed and according to the "Tunning Shops" it remains under warranty....Yet, I just called Douglas (Spoke with Brian from Service) and he went out of his way to tell me that the flash WILL void the warranty on the ECU and my car will be "flagged" as modified...Now, with that being said, whether true or not, I am leaning towards going to a tuning shop and not a VW dealer...

So it looks like my options are (well, what I am considering):

Eurotech Motorsports - Wayne, NJ
Lux Motorwerks - Keyport, NJ
Redline Speed Worx - Washington, NJ

Anyone have any experience with these guys? Recommend any other shops? I hear Redline is a great shop. I would just rather have the ECU flashed at a shop and let VW try and figure out if the ECU was touched

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
I was just upfront and honest with my dealer about my tune. Luckily Jack Daniels VW in Fair Lawn is one of the most friendly dealers around... so they don't really care lol.

Everytime I bring the car in for service, it says "Customer has aftermarket ECU flash" on the receipt so the techs know not to mess with it.

I got my car flashed at Rapid Autowerks in Rockland County, would not recommend... even though my flash is fine.

This place called Eurotech Motorsports in Mahwah just opened up. I passed by a few weeks ago with a buddy mine and it looked like a good spot. The guys there used to be master audi techs and just opened up their own place up there. I would recommend them if you live in North Jersey.

upgrad3

Ready to race!
I was just upfront and honest with my dealer about my tune. Luckily Jack Daniels VW in Fair Lawn is one of the most friendly dealers around... so they don't really care lol.

Everytime I bring the car in for service, it says "Customer has aftermarket ECU flash" on the receipt so the techs know not to mess with it.

I got my car flashed at Rapid Autowerks in Rockland County, would not recommend... even though my flash is fine.

This place called Eurotech Motorsports in Mahwah just opened up. I passed by a few weeks ago with a buddy mine and it looked like a good spot. The guys there used to be master audi techs and just opened up their own place up there. I would recommend them if you live in North Jersey.

I'm glad to hear you say that cuz I bought my GTI from Jack Daniels in Fair Lawn =D

Actually have to go there today or tomm, hit a pot hole yesterday and have a huge bubble in my tire....

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
I'm glad to hear you say that cuz I bought my GTI from Jack Daniels in Fair Lawn =D

Actually have to go there today or tomm, hit a pot hole yesterday and have a huge bubble in my tire....

That's sweet dude... what town do you live in? I'm from glen rock but I go to school full time in queens.

But that really blows man... same thing sorta happened to me a month after I got my car. I hit a huge pot hole driving at night on astoria blvd, and blew both tires out and scratched up my detroits. I got the insurance option on the tires so I didn't have to pay a dime.

Jack Daniels really doesn't care about mods tho... I've been Stage 2 since last April and have brought it to service multiple times and they haven't said a thing. They know it has a good amount of work done to it, but they look the other way about it.