GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NJ area looking to buy mk6 or mk7

Open to options, price range is around 10,000-15,000. Maybe more if the car is right.
DSG preferred. No color preference. Going to be daily driver so mods are cool but not required

Would prefer 85000 miles or less but again open to options. Service records preferred..Thank you!
My cell is 9083921098
Or email
Reticulatingsplinesz@aol.com

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I'd spring for MK7 if you can.

Or later model MK6 (2012 and up)

Good luck

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/inde...do-red-gti-6spd-2dr-north-nj-5800-obo.378828/

this one is for sale on the forums now for a bit under your budget but just more miles. Put that left over 2k into timing chain and your first round of maintenance and you've got a car that only needs oil changes until 250k+. There are tons of examples of running VWs with 190k on a 2.0t for sale that still look and run fine.

These 2.0ts are pretty damn reliable in the long run; its the same small number of issues (PCV, chain tensioner, carbon build up, water pump failure) to keep an eye on with 50k or 150k miles

There are a few Jettas with early 2.0t's that made it past 220k+ and posted updates on forums

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/inde...do-red-gti-6spd-2dr-north-nj-5800-obo.378828/

this one is for sale on the forums now for a bit under your budget but just more miles. Put that left over 2k into timing chain and your first round of maintenance and you've got a car that only needs oil changes until 250k+. There are tons of examples of running VWs with 190k on a 2.0t for sale that still look and run fine.

These 2.0ts are pretty damn reliable in the long run; its the same small number of issues (PCV, chain tensioner, carbon build up, water pump failure) to keep an eye on with 50k or 150k miles

There are a few Jettas with early 2.0t's that made it past 220k+ and posted updates on forums

great thanks for the insight/tips i’ll keep all that in mind. i did see that listing but it looked high in mileage so i was a little apprehensive. i just got rid of a car w 180,000 so was hoping to have a “fresher” feel to it i guess. but something to consider nonetheless, especially if they can last awhile

Stormtrooper69

hey are you still looking to buy? I'm in jersey selling a good condition low mile manual '12 GTI...good mods list and set up as my old daily