GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No Phone Menu?

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
I seemed to have lost my pairing between my car/blackberry. In trying to get it back, all the phone button on the center console does is mute the radio. I tried pressing buttons on my wiper arm, but nothing doing. It seems i dont have all the buttons like the manual. Searching for the module through my phone turns up no results as well. I tried searching for the problem here and in google and had no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.

AdvanSuper

Banned
On the wiper stalk there are two buttons at the end, you can press them up or down just like the cruise control stalk for setting the speed high or lower.

Press and hold the down button on the wiper stalk for about 10-20 seconds and you will be able to see the menu selection.

It's the two buttons to the right

Derp.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
see those buttons on the end and the underside? I dont have those.

Herp that derp.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
This is what my stalk looks like (pardon the BB camera)

I tried the 0.0/Set button you see in behind, with zero success. Its like my phone package just stopped working. Im going to the dealer tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG00033-20110809-2005.jpg
    IMG00033-20110809-2005.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 1,004

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Do you have nav? There is vag com coding that you can change to make the mute control the phone bluetooth. Only reson I know about it is it was mentioned when I swapped to a nav unit.

ninebelow

My bluetooth options just disappeared in my 2011 GTI as well. The screen simply vanished from the MDI. I have the steering wheel controls. Any ideas?

ninebelow

Kyle,

Did you find out anything at the dealer? My closest dealer is 4 hours away, so I am very curious what you found out.

jared

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
OK dealer was able to fix this problem after a diagnostic. The diagnostic found the bluetooth to be "non responsive". I dont remember the terminology he used but essentially they just rebooted the system. Problem solved Not sure how this can be done on your own. Maybe a battery disconnect, but thats not something i would do personally

bruck

Ready to race!
This just happened to me yesterday! What a pain as I use the bluetooth kit for both phone and podcasts all day long. Exact same symptoms as OP. This isn't a pairing issue, the RNS 315/car has basically lost all communication with the bluetooth module (which I believe is located under the passenger seat).

ninebelow

Thanks for the update Kyle. After reading your dealer post I decided to try and reboot the bluetooth module. I did this by disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth module under the seat and now I have the bluetooth phone menu back.

jared

P

plac

when my phone wont connect to my VW stereo anymore.. all i do it turn off my phone bluetooth and turn it back on. connects right away. its only happened once in 1800 miles.

bruck

Ready to race!
Thanks for the update Kyle. After reading your dealer post I decided to try and reboot the bluetooth module. I did this by disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth module under the seat and now I have the bluetooth phone menu back.

jared

This worked perfectly! And took less than a min. (for those unaware the unit is Velcro mounted below the passenger seat. I left the car on and it still worked like a charm.)

Last edited: