GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No power to driver side headlight

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
I had one of those days, that I just wish I could take back! I was changing my xenon bulb and when got to the driver side, absolutely no room, and when I finally got bulb out. I ended up shorting my headlights out. I let the bulb wire dangling, and the metal connector on the wire, touched the fuse box wires and I heard it short. Now, my low beam and LED and turn signal do not work!

I checked fuses and none are blown, and also tested with a fuse tester, and they all have power. I tried disconnecting harness to headlight and reconnecting, but still no power to the lights. Did I end up damaging my BCM? Xenon retrofit was a custom job, and we de-pinned the original harness. Any idea what I can try, next?

Thanks,

Ron

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Clear the codes in the computer and see if it restores power.

You should never work on electrical live btw. Always turn off power before taking things apart.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Clear the codes in the computer and see if it restores power.

You should never work on electrical live btw. Always turn off power before taking things apart.

Yeah I learned the hard way, even as simple as changing a bulb! I cleared the codes, via obdeleven, and still no go...

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
You may have fried those terminals on the CECM. You can check the voltage of the signal right at the CECM under the steering column. If you don't have access to wiring diagrams let me know and I'll check which wire it is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
You may have fried those terminals on the CECM. You can check the voltage of the signal right at the CECM under the steering column. If you don't have access to wiring diagrams let me know and I'll check which wire it is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you. I think you’re right. I checked for power and I get from the harness. My electrical guy going to look at it tomorrow for me. I’ll update thread if it’s fixed.

Thanks!

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Headlight fixed! I ended up blowing out the capacitor we installed on the headlight harness. All is good now :)

Thanks!

Ron