GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

no.VA / DC Area

tsigti1

Passed Driver's Ed
snow, snow, snow...why?

anyone on here good at taking pictures want to meet up and take pix after the snow i'd like to have some pics of my mk6

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
nice lilzim - should be a bit more sporty than the '95 bonneville!

ShahulX

Ready to race!
Should pull the trigger on a 4dr in the carbon steel color this coming week and my dd/autoX car. It came down to this or a civic si but decided I liked the dct tranny so much and have gotten used to it. Plus the hatchback versatility, interior and gas mileage help.

Where Is lorton? Near Baltimore?

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
Bump. Getting APR stage 1 at NGP in Aberdeen on Thursday. Gotta take advantage of the sale before it's gone. So what's up with GTi's in the area? I've seen two MKvi's on 295, both times I pulled up next to them, just to look over and give a friendly nod, both times they looked at me in some disgusted manner and went about their business. Both women. Obviously not dubbers. And jmblur, I'm almost 4k miles in, and between it and the '95 bonne, there's no comparison ;)

ShahulX

Ready to race!
How is it after the tune? How was NGP? Aberdeen is north of Bmore? I should be getting mine tommorow.. 4 door, dsg, cloth with moonroof in carbon steel

i wanna get the apr stage 1 ... Should I wait until 1000 miles? I also have a 600hp 09 GTR

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
What color is your GTR? I've seen a red one and a grey one around the Bmore area before, not sure if either was yours. I'll fill you in on the tune after I get it, and let you know how NGP was. And yes, Aberdeen is a bit north of Bmore. I've read of a good number of people that did Stage 1 right away without any engine break in. The engine definitely does break in though, I could tell a big difference came around the 1500 mile mark for me. Warms up faster, and I'm getting 35+mpg on the highway now instead of the 31-32 I was getting before it was broken in. So waiting 1,000 miles or so would be your call.

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
Shahul, I saw the grey GTR today on 100 this morning on my way to work, no chance that was you was it?

Brum85

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a guy with a Grey GT-R down here in the Waldorf area too. Love that car. Saw a brand new Black RS4 Audi this weekend too.

Someone's doing OK in this economic downturn.

ShahulX

Ready to race!
Shahul, I saw the grey GTR today on 100 this morning on my way to work, no chance that was you was it?

nah I drive a white one...and I saty in the Germantown/Rockville/ Bethesda area for the most part.. the grey one is probably a guy names Ion, there is another red one in the area owed by South Side Performance (just got covered in stickers recently) and there is another white one in your area and the red Altered Atmosphere one (they moved to annapolis junction)

i posted some pics of mine here (from VIR this past Feb)

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2839&page=13

I should be getting the GTi tonight... I think I'll wait until 1000 miles -1500 before the APR stage 1.... shops close to me you all trust???

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
Shahul, awesome car. R35s are definitely one of the most aesthetically and mechanically beautiful cars in the world, right up there with the Ford GT imo. I'm going to NGP tomorrow at 4pm for my tune, so when I get back I'll let you know how it went. What kind of GTI are you picking up tonight and where from?