GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not delivering fuel in corners (low pressure fuel pump) golf mk6 R

Palci

HI everyone

When im exiting corner my engine stalls in high rpm...i have replaced my fuel pump but the problem ist still there ..i changed also the fuel filter6.6bar and still nothing changed.When i have full tank the problem ist not showing ,even not in corners..or when i go straight also no problem at all...i have just stage 1 so i guess the map ist not the problem as well.Pls help

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
At what fuel level does this start to happen? I’ve had this problem on track with different cars when I tried to keep the fuel level as low as possible, basically cornering forces push the fuel away from the pump and it gets air instead of fuel. The fix was to keep at least a half a tank when driving on track.

Palci

At what fuel level does this start to happen? I’ve had this problem on track with different cars when I tried to keep the fuel level as low as possible, basically cornering forces push the fuel away from the pump and it gets air instead of fuel. The fix was to keep at least a half a tank when driving on track.
it starts when its missing like 20% of fuel...im sure its not a problem of not having enough fuel at the tank..this will be something different i think...i had a phone call yesterday with guy who was re-maping my car to stage 1 and he told me that this could appear when some hoses inside of the tank are cracked but i have no idea how to find if thats is the problem or what else cause the problem :((

Last edited:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
it starts when its missing like 20% of fuel...im sure its not a problem of not having enough fuel at the tank..this will be something different i think...i had a phone call yesterday with guy who was re-maping my car to stage 1 and he told me that this could appear when some hoses inside of the tank are cracked but i have no idea how to find if thats is the problem or what else cause the problem :((
I guess the easy way to test it is to keep the tank topped up and see if it still happens. Otherwise you may have to drop the tank for repairs. :(

Palci

I guess the easy way to test it is to keep the tank topped up and see if it still happens. Otherwise you may have to drop the tank for repairs. :(
good idea,i will try it.Thank you for your time...ill share the results and all that later here,so anyone else can find it useful:)