GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD Port Bracket - tab broken?

Jonesymx29

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked previously. I accidentally snapped off the bracket in the footwell that holds the footwell light and the OBD port. Specifically, the tab where the bracket mounts with a screw, that's the part that's snapped.

Mistakenly I ordered a new bracket thinking my problems would be resolved: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/obd-footwell-light-bracket/5k0971845a/

But it's the tab in question comes off a piece from under the dash, not part of this bracket, so I have nothing to mount the bracket to. Anyone have a lead on what part under the dash is, or a workaround to prevent the OBD port/footwell light to just dangle?

Thanks in advance!

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I super-glued it back. Holding up fine.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
It must be done very carefully as the super glue can only hold so much force when inserting and removing OBD reader plugs/dongle.
I recommend buying a new bracket and installing it, but I am personally holding off on this until I stop kicking the bracket with my foot lol.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Ya because you need to sleep on the driver side floor underneath the steering wheel in an awkward position with your legs outside the car and your head next to the pedals... yaaa not happening. I might keep the car like this without replacing the bracket, once I buy a house with 3 car garage I will make time to do it then lol.

I need a nice house for my mk6 GTI to be parked in 24/7/365/366 under heavy security (camera's, dogs, motion sensors, etc) yup, mans are day dreaming