GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM DSG Cooler Upgrade

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
So I got my BarTek OEM 20 row cooler. Shipping was seriously fast BTW. Got in like 3 days but it was like 60 euros. Anyways, despite what they said it looks like I'll need to trim and/or raise the battery tray to give it some more room. The dogbone isn't installed in the below pic but I don't think that will add any clearance. Probably gonna throw some bushings under the battery tray. The connection closer to the firewall just barely touches the bracket.

20200921_201208.jpg

Estroda

So I got my BarTek OEM 20 row cooler. Shipping was seriously fast BTW. Got in like 3 days but it was like 60 euros. Anyways, despite what they said it looks like I'll need to trim and/or raise the battery tray to give it some more room. The dogbone isn't installed in the below pic but I don't think that will add any clearance. Probably gonna throw some bushings under the battery tray. The connection closer to the firewall just barely touches the bracket.

does the bartek cooler actually worked for you?, and how much you had to mod the battery tray to make it fit?
I was looking at it but there's not much info about it on internet. I'm looking at making the dsg a bit more reliable since we get high temps where i live and use the car as a daily driver.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
I added 5/8 inch nylon spacers on the bottom of the battery tray to get it to clear the coolant outlets but otherwise it works great. I don't data log so I can't give any objective criteria for how much this improved temperature control. I've got about 35k on this without any issues. Done a few DSG fluid/filter changes since and she's running strong with 155K miles.

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
I added 5/8 inch nylon spacers on the bottom of the battery tray to get it to clear the coolant outlets but otherwise it works great. I don't data log so I can't give any objective criteria for how much this improved temperature control. I've got about 35k on this without any issues. Done a few DSG fluid/filter changes since and she's running strong with 155K miles.
Thanks for the update. I might order one as well.

nitrousaddict

In the process of ordering/installing, did you need to add additional trans fluid when installing to compensate for the bigger tank? Or is that irrelevant since it's a cooling feature

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
In the process of ordering/installing, did you need to add additional trans fluid when installing to compensate for the bigger tank? Or is that irrelevant since it's a cooling feature

Yes, but I don't recall how much exactly. If you follow the OEM procedure you'll be draining excess fluid out when fluid temps hit 35 degrees c which is supposed to give you the correct fluid level.