GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM VW MK6 Rear Emblem flip up Camera

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
SOLD

Used OEM VW MK6 GTI Golf Jetta Tiguan Rear Emblem flip up Camera with new harnesses and fuse pigtail for installation.

Great condition.

This is an OEM RGB Camera removed from a 2012 VW GTI. Pretty sure I have put together everything needed for install on factory radios except overseas RCD330 needs an RCA to RGB adapter.

Changing the stereo so not going to use this camera after all.

$190 shipped to the lower 48

https://imgur.com/a/IpO4mJH

Last edited:

virtualbong

Passed Driver's Ed
Very interested but worried about the installation.

What guide or resource did you use to determine what parts are needed for the install? And do you have any links to the install itself?

I also have a 2014 with the stock navigation head unit...does that make a difference?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Very interested but worried about the installation.

What guide or resource did you use to determine what parts are needed for the install? And do you have any links to the install itself?

I also have a 2014 with the stock navigation head unit...does that make a difference?

I scoured the web. If you have the RNS-510 which I am guessing you do, it should be pretty straight forward. I originally was going to use that radio but decided on the RCD330 which uses an RCA plug for video not RGB like the RNS. I could use an adapter but decided it would be best to just use an aftermarket RCA camera instead as I hear the adapter degrades video quality quite a bit. ECS sells a kit that is basically what I have assembled except they use an inline fuse whereas I used a fuse pigtail (easier in my opinion as you don't have to tap a wire you just plug in the fuse box like a normal fuze). Really the only wiring is to tap into the reverse light wire with the blue wire in the included harness and tap into power (red in the harness) which is where the fuse pigtail comes in, and bolt the black (ground) wire to a ground source. I even added a OEM plug to the harness I bought so it was as plug n play as possible just like the ECS kit. Below is a link to ECS tunings kit which has an install guide towards the bottom of the page. Install should be the same for this setup and as you can see by the price this is a great deal. I am only asking what I have already invested putting it together.

You will also need to get someone with VCDS to activate the camera in the ECU module. Simple and takes only a minute.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/reverse-camera-kit/1k0998025mk6/

Last edited: