GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I've been thinking about taking a trip to Alabama soon.

The trip back would be A LOT faster. ;)

Let me know if you do I can always meet you there!

Stage 1?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Probably just go K04.

Any idea how much install runs?

They quoted me $500 for EVERYTHING (FMIC, Intake, DP, Turbo) Seems reasonable for 5 hours of work.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
They quoted me $500 for EVERYTHING (FMIC, Intake, DP, Turbo) Seems reasonable for 5 hours of work.

Very.

I'd probably go with the kit + S3IC.

Could I stay stock DP? For now at least.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

FastTrash

Ready to race!
I've got this nasty 2001 Silverado sitting in my driveway for a detail.

Sometimes I regret taking them on... :lol:

It's my cousin's so let's see what I can do with it.

He want's his '69 Camaro done too..... :D

I feel the same way sometimes. Like why did I say yes to that person knowing they haven't done anything in the way or cleaning or taking care of their vehicle. :facepalm:

But, that's why we do it right? Take on the challenge and get it done. Always cool to see how the vehicle came to you, and how it left. Mission accomplished. :thumbup:

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I feel the same way sometimes. Like why did I say yes to that person knowing they haven't done anything in the way or cleaning or taking care of their vehicle. :facepalm:

But, that's why we do it right? Take on the challenge and get it done. Always cool to see how the vehicle came to you, and how it left. Mission accomplished. :thumbup:

Yep, plus he's my cousin so it's nbd really.

I'm halfway through the exterior... wash/wheels/tires completed.

Deciding if I'm going to waste and ENTIRE bar of clay for this, or break out the Duragloss 501 and a white pad on the PC. Which would do the same thing.

FastTrash

Ready to race!
Yep, plus he's my cousin so it's nbd really.

I'm halfway through the exterior... wash/wheels/tires completed.

Deciding if I'm going to waste and ENTIRE bar of clay for this, or break out the Duragloss 501 and a white pad on the PC. Which would do the same thing.

exactly, Family vehicles ain't no thang. Usually it's the interior which is a pain...lots of dogs in the family. :laugh: but nothing a good interior brush and good vac won't get out.

Don't waste the clay, I'd go for the 501 and pad on the PC. which reminds me I gotta get a new bolt and locktite that bitch in. The top handle comes loose a tiny but, bolt falls out. PITA when you are right in the middle of a job...

Since getting my new job, I miss using my PC....its been a few months now haha.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
exactly, Family vehicles ain't no thang. Usually it's the interior which is a pain...lots of dogs in the family. :laugh: but nothing a good interior brush and good vac won't get out.

Don't waste the clay, I'd go for the 501 and pad on the PC. which reminds me I gotta get a new bolt and locktite that bitch in. The top handle comes loose a tiny but, bolt falls out. PITA when you are right in the middle of a job...

Since getting my new job, I miss using my PC....its been a few months now haha.

No dogs in this one, just some stains and a smoke smell. Seats are falling apart, but what GMT800 doesn't have that problem.

Yeah, that's what I ended up deciding.

I'm looking at the Griot's Garage polisher right now.

More torque and broader orbit... I'm thinking win.

FastTrash

Ready to race!
No dogs in this one, just some stains and a smoke smell. Seats are falling apart, but what GMT800 doesn't have that problem.

Yeah, that's what I ended up deciding.

I'm looking at the Griot's Garage polisher right now.

More torque and broader orbit... I'm thinking win.

I know a few people who LOVE their Griot's polisher, and since they are local and I support local business. GET ONE. You won't be disapoint.

I'm thinking I need one too, have the PC and the Griot's polisher. :thumbup:

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Didn't take any process pics since my camera was dead, but here's a finished shot.

yep by edward.farmer, on Flickr

It has really good paint for it's age. Couple bird shit etchings, but it was a Pre-Listing detail, so it got two washes, an entire bottle of Meguiar's Wheel Brightener and APC+, a thorough vacuum, some spot stain removal, and a generous helping of Duragloss 501.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Didn't take any process pics since my camera was dead, but here's a finished shot.

It has really good paint for it's age. Couple bird shit etchings, but it was a Pre-Listing detail, so it got two washes, an entire bottle of Meguiar's Wheel Brightener and APC+, a thorough vacuum, some spot stain removal, and a generous helping of Duragloss 501.

Looks pretty good man, but I bet a few coats of Zaino Z2 would do wonders for you...:thumbsup:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Looks good!

I need to wax my GTI. Its been almost a year :eek:

Id be more worried about that if I parked outside and had driven more than 4k miles in the last year.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Nope, this is my only car. My office is only 4 miles from home and I travel a lot so plenty of idle time.

Status
Not open for further replies.