GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offical Making Big Power/Big Turbo Thread

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
3+ GLI making 470whp has already gone through a stock axle and just broke the raxles he replaced with.

You talking about patrick02 on vortex? Isn't That manual tranny?

I'm talking about the DSG and the axles for the DSG itself. The axles between the the two transmissions are different.

Criz90

enjoying BT
I snapped an axle. I'm Dsg just making 350/350. However I'm low so that probably weakened my axle to begin with.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
I snapped an axle. I'm Dsg just making 350/350. However I'm low so that probably weakened my axle to begin with.

Get any wheel hop when you launch? Do you have any mods to prevent it, like engine/tranny mounts or even a decent suspension setup?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6

Halvie

WOOSA
You talking about patrick02 on vortex? Isn't That manual tranny?

I'm talking about the DSG and the axles for the DSG itself. The axles between the the two transmissions are different.

Didn't know that :D

Heard that the MKV axles were stronger than MKVI, but nothing besides that.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Unless I am unaware of any mechincal changes to DSG and axle from the MKV to MKVI, with the DSG and 300-500 hp, only thing one truly needs, is a LSD and good DSG software, like from United Motorsports. Worked with UM on software that porperly raises the clamp load and other tolerances, which allows my completely stock DSG handle countless runs down strip. I'm setting at 117,000 miles on the tranny and engine thats putting out 600+hp at the crank.

Added 500hp for clutches, this is good info. Basically the whole reason for this thread is info like this.

Let's figure out what works and what doesn't.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
With stock injectors and water-meth injection can we take 400whp?

I highly doubt it, 410ish at the crank seems to be the limit without meth (93octane). I made 370whp on 93 and a ton of meth, I could have been dialed in a little better but maybe 10-15whp more.

If you look at my dyno you can see the power basically go flat above 5500rpm.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
I highly doubt it, 410ish at the crank seems to be the limit without meth (93octane). I made 370whp on 93 and a ton of meth, I could have been dialed in a little better but maybe 10-15whp more.

So you're basically stuck in the same WHP/WTQ spot that Halvie is at. :D

BTW, if anyone thinks we're crazy trying to achieve tons of power in a FWD car, 034Motorsports and Audi are running a TT-RS Racecar that's FWD.

GP813

Ready to race!

twistid

Ready to race!
You might want to throw in LSD and mounts in there at the very beginning of the power stages. You basically need an LSD from Stage2 on, and the amount of power from stage3 will snap axles that are hopping along.

parteo

Passed Driver's Ed

i believe that with 100 octane and w/m i can made 390+whp.
thank you verry much!

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Pick of my fuel solution from today :D, unfortunate for my car it's going to be for sale, contracts for my house in so going to have to put a hold on my build for a few months.

Just so you know what it is 044 in a surge with a 90-125psi fuel pressure regulator. It will fit inside the OEM battery box with just the top gauge poking through. I have everything need but a few small parts. No starvation issues, 550hp+ capable, and a sweet show piece:thumbsup:

geep_gti

Ready to race!
It has been a general theme that everyone on here is talking more fuel delivery to get over the hump, but the AFR on that dyno sheet shows mix going richer at 5500 when the power curve flattens? Runs 2 and 3 look like heatsoak possibly making them go richer than ideal, but the AFR after 5500 on run 1 looks spot on.

Are the tunes configured to dial back other engine parameters to enforce 12.8 above 5500? That would make the "moar fuel" requests make sense, but it's info I don't know. I could see letting it go to 13.5 or so before dialing back, but in the conservative world of VW 12.8 seems consistent with tuning thought.....

Any more input would be appreciated, I would like to get a better understanding of these issues as I move toward completing my setup....

Last edited: