GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offical Making Big Power/Big Turbo Thread

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
It has been a general theme that everyone on here is talking more fuel delivery to get over the hump, but the AFR on that dyno sheet shows mix going richer at 5500 when the power curve flattens? Runs 2 and 3 look like heatsoak possibly making them go richer than ideal, but the AFR after 5500 on run 1 looks spot on.

Are the tunes configured to dial back other engine parameters to enforce 12.8 above 5500? That would make the "moar fuel" requests make sense, but it's info I don't know. I could see letting it go to 13.5 or so before dialing back, but in the conservative world of VW 12.8 seems consistent with tuning thought.....

Any more input would be appreciated, I would like to get a better understanding of these issues as I move toward completing my setup....

Just for reference that AFR line is basically worthless on that dyno, I have a wideband in the car now which shows the actual. I run about 12:1 ish at WOT currently.

Run 2 and 3 wasn't heat soak just running even richer than run 1. Dyno operator wouldn't run the car unless I could pump more fuel into the car. Which is only because the first one is at 12.8. I turned the meth up on runs 2 and 3 so heat soak was even less likely. I have never heat soaked the car. Especially since I can pump up to 950-1000cc/min of meth.

It is leveling off when the ECU is dialing back as to not have bad fuel cuts.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a GTI? If so you may want to learn about the car and how turbo systems work. It'll be very helpful in god long run (and possibly save you some money)

Do I4 have headers? Most do, but our i4 is turbo charged so we have an exhaust manifold.

parteo

Passed Driver's Ed
here is my car 1.6overboost 1.4ct 378whp-48.1ft-lbs

my mods are:
ttrs turbo :happyanim:
stock fuel(hpfp & lpfp)
apr intercooler
snow perfomance
80mm dp ns racing
76mm cat back
plugs nkg 8eix
costum intake
ecu tuned ace motorsport

mk6monster

Go Kart Champion
481 ft-lbs.........

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
here is my car 1.6overboost 1.4ct 378whp-48.1ft-lbs

my mods are:
ttrs turbo :happyanim:
stock fuel(hpfp & lpfp)
apr intercooler
snow perfomance
80mm dp ns racing
76mm cat back
plugs nkg 8eix
costum intake
ecu tuned ace motorsport

holy shit.

is this on a built engine?
where did you get the TTRS turbo?
Who tuned it?

Thanks!

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
torque is NM

for reference that is about 350ft/lbs wtq.

Are you planning on building the engine, or at least replacing the rods? Isn't the 350 (480nm) mark getting a little close to the "breaking point" of the stock internals?