GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offical Making Big Power/Big Turbo Thread

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
This thread must not die. I am piecing together parts i need for BT. So far atp seems to be the cheapest but its a gt3076r. I want either a gtx3071r or a precision 5858 like JR's. I assume my current atp dp will need to be replaced as well? In cts BT kit a DP and midpipe are provided but are they different than what they sell for ihi/k04 gtis? I would habe gotten their kit but i dont like their relocated maf intake design.

If i peiced together my own kit is there anywhere i can buy the necessary oil lines ect...

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Downpipes are different because the turbos have different flanges and could be in different spots depending on what manifold you use

When you go that big you really should enlarge the compressor inlet so it's not starving for air. Don't worry about moving the MAF location you are going to need custom software so they will take care of that

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Downpipes are different because the turbos have different flanges and could be in different spots depending on what manifold you use

When you go that big you really should enlarge the compressor inlet so it's not starving for air. Don't worry about moving the MAF location you are going to need custom software so they will take care of that

So where did BT guys get these downpipes from?

On atps website i think you can get the dp to fit by ordering their flange along with the gt3076 which has an inter wg if im not mistaken ao thats money saved right there. But then what gains would i see from a cts kit with an ewg over the atp?
The compressor inlet will be at least 3"s maybe 4 if i opt for the 5858. But how do i know what i want? What would be the gains for chosing 4 over 3. There is really little info on these details. Reason i dont want a cts intake is because the ihi/ko4 one peice intake gave me -18% fuel trims and id prefer oem maf housing. Besides i think uni tune for oem maf housing.

Still have alot more questions lol but this will do atm.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Custom BT setup requires custom downpipe. They buy the flange and bend it to fit.

Yes Uni uses stock size maf but if you look at JR's setup you will see it is 4" after the maf to the turbo. I would bet if it was 3" all the way he wouldn't make as much

I think ATP has stock replacement drop in kits is that what you are referring to?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
The downpipe flange on the turbo has been built to accomodate every known variant of the 2.0T FSI/TSI engine and tested on vehicles ranging from 2005.5 through 2008 US Audi A4 as well as 2006 through 2010 GTI and Audi A3 both FWD and Quattro.

Taken from atps website. Its hard to do custom work over here so that may habe swayed me away from the 5858. Wish it was possible to get the kit without the intake, id run the uni 3" intake then.
QUOTE=GreasyGinzo;1368725]Custom BT setup requires custom downpipe. They buy the flange and bend it to fit.

Yes Uni uses stock size maf but if you look at JR's setup you will see it is 4" after the maf to the turbo. I would bet if it was 3" all the way he wouldn't make as much

I think ATP has stock replacement drop in kits is that what you are referring to?[/QUOTE]

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
That kit has a custom flange on the turbine outlet to allow the stock downpipe to be used both CCT and CBF styles.

It seems that they offer the lines coolant and oil that you would need

It also seems that they sell the the elbow that you would need for the compressor inlet to use the stock (or aftermarket) intake piping

I would call them get specifics make sure they sell everything you need to essentially bolt it on without any custom work since you said that is a problem in your area. If they do offer everything then all you need is a tune which Uni may be able to give you. You need to speak with Uni and make sure they will tune it. I would guess they will require injectors and even their lpfp but I would stay away from the pump.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
That kit has a custom flange on the turbine outlet to allow the stock downpipe to be used both CCT and CBF styles.

It seems that they offer the lines coolant and oil that you would need

It also seems that they sell the the elbow that you would need for the compressor inlet to use the stock (or aftermarket) intake piping

I would call them get specifics make sure they sell everything you need to essentially bolt it on without any custom work since you said that is a problem in your area. If they do offer everything then all you need is a tune which Uni may be able to give you. You need to speak with Uni and make sure they will tune it. I would guess they will require injectors and even their lpfp but I would stay away from the pump.

I guess i'll go for a kit then. I have aome contacting to do i guess. Gt3071 or gt3076 if i go for atp. What injectors? I have row hpfp so i might be good on fueling. I'll also be using w/m.

How would the cts be better than the atp kit? I read the cts manifold is better. No idea though if its better to have internally gate wg that the atp kit has or the externally gated wg that cts has.

I guess i'll go for a kit then. I have aome contacting to do i guess. Gt3071 or gt3076 if i go for atp. What injectors? I have row hpfp so i might be good on fueling. I'll also be using w/m.

How would the cts be better than the atp kit? I read the cts manifold is better. No idea though if its better to have internally gate wg that the atp kit has or the externally gated wg that cts has.

Unless you want tons of unexpected problems I suggest you just stay with and be happy with what you have....this has been the biggest head ache of my life...wish I just stayed k04

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Unless you want tons of unexpected problems I suggest you just stay with and be happy with what you have....this has been the biggest head ache of my life...wish I just stayed k04

What are you running right now and what has gone wrong?

What are you running right now and what has gone wrong?

Omg everything,

i'll keep it vague cause im tired of explaining so many times.

Pipe rubbing an axle-wore hole in pipe within hours of installation.

Clutch slipping- now have to send into south bend for warranty replacement/upgrade

person who installed my kit..didnt install everything i paid for and didnt even give me the product but say they installed it....i did other stuff along with the kit...so now im just trying to get a hold of them to send me the product and they wont reply to me

steering wheel shakes violently at high speeds- anything above 75mph

Took over a month to get the car back- so i ended up have to rent a car after i ran out of friends to help me

there are other headaches too but im i cant think of them all right now...brain hurts and im tired of it all

o yea and my favorite part....car doesnt feel near as fast as id hoped coming off k04....cant come close to the advertised times for 60-120mph...at least for now

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Omg everything,

i'll keep it vague cause im tired of explaining so many times.

Pipe rubbing an axle-wore hole in pipe within hours of installation.

Clutch slipping- now have to send into south bend for warranty replacement/upgrade

person who installed my kit..didnt install everything i paid for and didnt even give me the product but say they installed it....i did other stuff along with the kit...so now im just trying to get a hold of them to send me the product and they wont reply to me

steering wheel shakes violently at high speeds- anything above 75mph

Took over a month to get the car back- so i ended up have to rent a car after i ran out of friends to help me

there are other headaches too but im i cant think of them all right now...brain hurts and im tired of it all

o yea and my favorite part....car doesnt feel near as fast as id hoped coming off k04....cant come close to the advertised times for 60-120mph...at least for now

Damn, but that mainly sounds like installer screwed you? What kit are you running? Did you make a yhread about it?

APR, no thread...just trust me...it will be a headache...ive been talking to the other big turbo guys and they are all admitting frustrations to me....its just not as easy as going k04 plain and simple...

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
APR, no thread...just trust me...it will be a headache...ive been talking to the other big turbo guys and they are all admitting frustrations to me....its just not as easy as going k04 plain and simple...

Damn, very discouraging. Not even the bolt on kit from cts turbo?